• ...and so much more!
  • FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    OK Kids, sorry if this is a dupe.

I havent seen the actual language of the bill so cut me some slack. But if what this guy is saying is true, WTF! Lets get it done. It makes the lefty gun grabbers feel good that they "did something" yet actually helps all law abiding gun owners.

We all already go thru background checks for EVERY gun we purchase from a vendor (gun show or internet) and every person that has a CCW, CCH, or LTCH have undergone a back ground check.

What am i missing here??

This bill makes it a punishable felony to compile a registry of gun owners.

No more NICS checks if you already have your LTCH or other gun license.

Protection from civil litigation on used purchases from dealers/vendors.

Nothing about private sales/gifts to friends/family.

Protections when traveling cross country with a firearm.

Being able to purchase a handgun out of state.

[ame]http://youtu.be/E9UMox1WoTw[/ame]

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'm sure they've got something planned. It's also possible he's just lying. Would still like to be able to sell a rifle to whoever a darned well pleased without it costing $25 in transfer fees. Once they're mandatory you know the price will go up because it can.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    did you not look at the video...NOTHING about face to face/personal transactions. Yes, it could be a bunch of lies too. This is why i posted...i am hoping to find more info on the actual language.

You already go thru a background check when purchasing from a vendor/dealer. You already PAY $25 transfer fees for out of state/internet sales.

I dunno what i am missing, i havent read the bill. I am not a lawyer. But it sounds like a decent "compromise" to me if there are built in protections.

Like making it a felony for the ATF to build registries...as they do and have done already with no fear of reprisal.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    It says it protects gifts between family members. Section 122. Still gets rid of private sales to non-family members by my reading. Does set a limit for what an FFL transfer can cost though. Don't see anything about a registry.

I wouldn't trust any of it.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Seems that this section pretty much lays the ground work for "registration."

SEC. 121. PURPOSE.

• The purpose of this subtitle is to extend the Brady Law background check procedures to all sales and transfers of firearms.
    SEC. 122. FIREARMS TRANSFERS.

<snip>

‘(B) Regulations promulgated under this paragraph--
    • ‘(i) shall include a provision setting a maximum fee that may be charged by licensees for services provided in accordance with paragraph (1); and
      ‘(ii) shall include a provision requiring a record of transaction of any transfer that occurred between an unlicensed transferor and unlicensed transferee accordance with paragraph (1).’.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Found this gem:

SEC. 207. LIMITATION ON OPERATIONS BY THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE.

• The Department of Justice, and any of its law enforcement coordinate agencies, shall not conduct any operation where a Federal firearms licensee is directed, instructed, enticed, or otherwise encouraged by the Department of Justice to sell a firearm to an individual if the Department of Justice, or a coordinate agency, knows or has reasonable cause to believe that such an individual is purchasing on behalf of another for an illegal purpose unless the Attorney General, the Deputy Attorney General, or the Assistant Attorney General for the Criminal Division personally reviews and approves the operation, in writing, and determines that the agency has prepared an operational plan that includes sufficient safeguards to prevent firearms from being transferred to third parties without law enforcement taking reasonable steps to lawfully interdict those firearms.

• Is this the "Holder Escape Clause?"

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I didn't know that 'shall not be infringed' meant that they can have a 'discussion'
    about just how far they could restrict access to the American people to firearms, while they themselves are exempt from such measures.

I wish I was as smart as a Lawyer.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    Then how can you have anything to say about it?

Do half the people on this site even bother to read/digest the content of a thread, or do they just spout half cocked in an attempt to cause strife?

Watch the video in OP then see post #5!

To the others, thank you for the thoughtful commentary and actually making an attempt to learn and in turn educate about what, at second or third glance, seems to be dangerous legislation. Not at all what Gottleib is trying to peddle...but again, legaleze is NOT my strong suit.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Do half the people on this site even bother to read/digest the content of a thread, or do they just spout half cocked in an attempt to cause strife?

Watch the video in OP then see post #5!

To the others, thank you for the thoughtful commentary and actually making an attempt to learn and in turn educate about what, at second or third glance, seems to be dangerous legislation. Not at all what Gottleib is trying to peddle...but again, legaleze is NOT my strong suit.

That is exactly what Gottlieb is trying to peddle. He's either a traitor or a fool. Don't be a fool on his say-so.

The Volokh Conspiracy » The “Pro-Gun” Provisions of Manchin-Toomey are Actually a Bonanza of Gun Control

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom