• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    OP, does one buy $500 cigarettes in the same place you bought your $500 tampon?

Finally, someone with common sense.

People are always going to whine about smokers. I can walk 3 blocks away from a store, go down a back alley, find the most out of the way and secluded spot and if I light up some random person will always walk directly into the cloud of smoke and begin mumbling about how inconsiderate I am.

If they provide ash trays, they'll get more business than someplace else with me. Promotes coming in, sitting down, and actually talking. If you don't want to deal with other humans, get an FFL and buy online.

VaqueroEM

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    South side of Indy
    I know. It is amazing that this many adults would complain about a legal product such as cigarettes the way that they do.

I don't believe the legality was ever questioned. He made a point over being polite. You see a kid and you refrain from lighting up.

I do understand it is his shop and he can do whatever he wants; but that still doesn't make him any less a jerk for lighting up while a kid was standing there.

I am a semi-ex smoker and made it a point to never smoke in front of children or non-smokers. I never smoked in my house or my car. Stale smoke smells disgusting. And never would I eat to subject someone else to my nasty and dangerous habit.

I have half fallen off the wagon and am smoking on and off right now. And I support the smoking ban. Non-smokers, specifically children, should not have to be subjected to our cancer causing habit. And we are the minority as smokers.

If someone has a death wish I won't try and stop them if they are determined to kill themselves; but I don't want to see them take anyone else with them in the process.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I don't believe the legality was ever questioned. He made a point over being polite. You see a kid and you refrain from lighting up.

I do understand it is his shop and he can do whatever he wants; but that still doesn't make him any less a jerk for lighting up while a kid was standing there.

I am a semi-ex smoker and made it a point to never smoke in front of children or non-smokers. I never smoked in my house or my car. Stale smoke smells disgusting. And never would I eat to subject someone else to my nasty and dangerous habit.

I have half fallen off the wagon and am smoking on and off right now. And I support the smoking ban. Non-smokers, specifically children, should not have to be subjected to our cancer causing habit. And we are the minority as smokers.

If someone has a death wish I won't try and stop them if they are determined to kill themselves; but I don't want to see them take anyone else with them in the process.
    I must be a dirt bag then. If you do not like my smoke, adult or child, move away from me. I smoke in my house and yes I have kids, it is not your problem to worry about, it is mine, but I do not see it as a problem. I am more concerned about all the McDonalds food my youngest son eats all the time. Hey, that is just me though :)

VaqueroEM

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    South side of Indy
    I must be a dirt bag then. If you do not like my smoke, adult or child, move away from me. I smoke in my house and yes I have kids, it is not your problem to worry about, it is mine, but I do not see it as a problem. I am more concerned about all the McDonalds food my youngest son eats all the time. Hey, that is just me though :)

I did not call you a dirt bag. I think it's a poor choice on your part. If one of your kids develope emphysema or cancer, how would you feel then?

Its not my problem at all. It's yours. If you don't care enough about your kids health to refrain from smoking in front of them then why should I?

You are the one who has to look at them. And God forbid one of them get sick from your smoke; you will have to deal with it. And that will be between you and God.

You're right.. That's just you though... And your kids.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I did not call you a dirt bag. I think it's a poor choice on your part. If one of your kids develope emphysema or cancer, how would you feel then?

Its not my problem at all. It's yours. If you don't care enough about your kids health to refrain from smoking in front of them then why should I?

You are the one who has to look at them. And God forbid one of them get sick from your smoke; you will have to deal with it. And that will be between you and God.

You're right.. That's just you though... And your kids.
    I was not directing the dirtbag comment of myself at you and I apologize. If one of my kids got sick how in the world could anyone possibly tell if it were from my smoke or from the exhaust from the cars we drive. I am 41 and have been smoking for 42 years via my parents 2-3 pack a day habit and I am still healthier than most people my age. Should I not be dead of cancer or some other lung illness already since smoking is so bad?

I do not sit around blowing smoke in my kids faces but yes they have been around cigarette smoke all of their lives. So far they are still alive and breathing well. I have known one person that died from lung cancer and they did not smoke, work in a coal mine, or work with asbestos.

VaqueroEM

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    South side of Indy
    I was not directing the dirtbag comment of myself at you and I apologize. If one of my kids got sick how in the world could anyone possibly tell if it were from my smoke or from the exhaust from the cars we drive. I am 41 and have been smoking for 42 years via my parents 2-3 pack a day habit and I am still healthier than most people my age. Should I not be dead of cancer or some other lung illness already since smoking is so bad?

I do not sit around blowing smoke in my kids faces but yes they have been around cigarette smoke all of their lives. So far they are still alive and breathing well. I have known one person that died from lung cancer and they did not smoke, work in a coal mine, or work with asbestos.

I hear you. Think of it this way. There are people who are more susceptible than others to cancer. I don't see a need to increase anyone's risk. It is known that smoking causes cancer. That is a fact and has been proven in countless studies in numerous countries.

I too knew someone who died from lung cancer who never smoked. But those people are exceptions not the rule.

I'm not trying to judge you and after reading what I wrote I'm sorry if I came off that way. I was just trying to speak for myself. I would hate to know that I could have contributed to someone getting sick because of my poor choice to smoke.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I hear you. Think of it this way. There are people who are more susceptible than others to cancer. I don't see a need to increase anyone's risk. It is known that smoking causes cancer. That is a fact and has been proven in countless studies in numerous countries.

I too knew someone who died from lung cancer who never smoked. But those people are exceptions not the rule.

I'm not trying to judge you and after reading what I wrote I'm sorry if I came off that way. I was just trying to speak for myself. I would hate to know that I could have contributed to someone getting sick because of my poor choice to smoke.

I did not take anything you wrote badly or personally so do not sweat it, everything you wrote was fine and not offensive. This is a subject I enjoy arguing about, ask anyone:D. I do not think those 2 people we both know that died from lung cancer are the exception to the rule, I think they are the rule and smoking has been so demonized by some that it is contributed to it whether it be true or not. How can we possibly know if someone that smoked and ended up with cancer got it from smoking?

VaqueroEM

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    South side of Indy
    I did not take anything you wrote badly or personally so do not sweat it, everything you wrote was fine and not offensive. This is a subject I enjoy arguing about, ask anyone:D. I do not think those 2 people we both know that died from lung cancer are the exception to the rule, I think they are the rule and smoking has been so demonized by some that it is contributed to it whether it be true or not. How can we possibly know if someone that smoked and ended up with cancer got it from smoking?

We can not know 100%. But what we do know are the risk factors. And that certain chemicals in tobacco are known carcinogens.

The cell and tissue pathology in many autopsies has shown the medical community plenty of evidence that smoking causes cancer. And dipping/chewing does too. Statistics are rarely wrong. True statistics that is. Patterns help form a very accurate prediction.

I scares me to think about cancer. I pray I am never in those shoes.

bubba16430

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    logansport
    If as many peopled died as all the "studies" say, why is the earth not a barren wasteland?:dunno: I know more people that have died in car crashes than from cancer. I think I might start a movement to ban all cars as being a danger to the people driveing them.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    You guys still talking about smoking kids or what ever this was about?

kIX3E.jpg

Last edited:

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I'm still waiting for the anti-smoking crowd to give up their cars which pollute the air and puts me (and everyone else) at risk for cancer, emphysema, copd, etc. etc. etc.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    People are always going to whine about smokers.

And people are always going to whine about people commenting about smoking even if it wasn't attacking a person's right to smoke

Read the OP. I wasn't whining about smokers. Where's that beating dead horse emoticon...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John22
    Top Bottom