• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    WELL SANTA MISSED ME!!! i ask for a Ruger SR22 for Christmas and didn't get one. Im starting to think he is not real
    I'd ask Santa for a TX22. They run so much better. I had a SR22 it was problematic with several different types of ammunition. Including CCI minimags, CCI SV, and Aguila Super Extra. I also used Winchester M22, and Federal Champion. It had problems feeding some, ejecting some. Over 2,000 rds through it.. I no longer have the SR22.

TX22 has been amazing. It eats everything you feed it from Standard Velocity to Stingers, and all the brands above I listed.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    ^^^^ THIS ^^^^

I don't personally own a TX22, but two of my shooting buddies do, and as DadSmith noted, they eat everything with no hiccups.

It seems that Taurus got this one right.

However, if you've decided to go the .22LR auto-feeding pistol route, my personal favorite is the Buckmark.

PlaysInTheDirt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Southport
    Smith & Wesson M&P .22 Compact...ran 500 rounds of Federal bulk through it before it's first cleaning with no issues.

I did .22's in '21. I think this year will be for rolling my owner, at least until i run short on primers.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Santa did you a favor. I had a SR-22, and it was underwhelming. Felt cheap, horrible trigger, and wouldn't extract un-fired rounds. I ended up trading it off and replaced it with a different Ruger product...a stainless MkII Target. That gun is everything the SR-22 wasn't...solidly constructed from STEEL, feels great in the hand, great trigger, great sights, amazingly accurate, and more reliable than any semi-auto .22 rimfire has a right to be. I still don't know how Ruger did it...I think they incorporated some black magic into the design....but that gun is 100% reliable with everything I've fed it, barring he occasional unprimed round (which is just a fact of life with .22).

Take a look at the Mk-series guns...and don't discount them for their odd appearance like I did for so may years. They're great shooters and amazingly reliable.

Top Bottom