Sandhills, First of the new year north bound!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I listened to them while I was ice fishing this past weekend. They were on the north branch of the Elkhart River. There was some open water there and they were sharing it with a group of swans.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I think it's crazy sometimes how well you can hear them but berely see them flying so high. It's like looking for a gray smudge in the sky sometimes. Never hunted them but saw guys that would when I lived near Salt Lake. I understand they are quite tasty.
    Unmistakeable call, for sure.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Saw my first flock of the year yesterday afternoon, far southeastern St Jo Co.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I see them when I go visit my parents in Wheatfield. Sunday, there was a large flock of them in a field just east of 49. I used to see them in all of the fields on 10 between San Pierre and Wheatfield, but they seem to be avoiding the fields where they are putting in all of the solar panels. Thousands of acres of solar panels...makes me wonder how much it will alter their travel patterns.

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Watch the skies!

Literally thousands of them crossed the Ohio River today in the Louisville area, and are heading north to inspire sightings throughout Indiana.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Watch the skies!

Literally thousands of them crossed the Ohio River today in the Louisville area, and are heading north to inspire sightings throughout Indiana.
    I saw 7 or 8 large formations in just 10 minutes around mid day, a welcome sight!

Top Bottom