San Diego: 6 years in prison for washing your car; not picking up dog poop??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Newly drafted rules propose prison time and enormous fines for breaking water ordinances and animal waste regulations. There will even be a 24-hour snitch hotline to report if your neighbor sprinkled water on his driveway. :n00b:

That dog may cost you $100,000 a day
    California’s latest experiment in faith-based policymaking is being unleashed today on the San Diego public, as regional water-quality officials begin hearings on new regulations that seem crafted to turn most owners of a car, house or dog into criminals within a decade or so. We wish we were exaggerating.

Under the draft rules, ordinary homeowners may face six years in prison and fines of $100,000 a day if they are deemed serial offenders of such new crimes as allowing sprinklers to hit the pavement, washing a car in the driveway, or, conceivably, failing to pick up dog poop promptly from their own backyards, let alone the sidewalk.

Cities throughout San Diego, south Orange and southwest Riverside counties must enforce the law, and set up 24-hour hot lines for people to report violations by their neighbors.

The new regulations even apply to firefighters, who would be forced to somehow capture and scrub the water running down the street from fire hoses and burning buildings, although the bureaucrats promise wiggle room for “emergency situations.” We’re at a loss to imagine the fire that doesn’t present an emergency situation, but we’re sure California’s army of environmental lawyers will be glad to help cities figure that out in court.

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    It hasn't take me long to realize who my INGO buddies should be. Finding the same folks popping up who apparently follow the same sources I do.

Oh, and yeah you can't escape this. Everything fashionable does tend to start in NY or CA though.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm confused how this is painted as "faith based policy making"?

According to Romans chapter 1, verses 24 and 25, it is a faith-based initiative:

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever.

I am going to stop now before I get scolded for going religious, but this does support the notion that radical environmentalism is indeed a faith/religion based worldview. The scary thing is that most of these leftist loons adhere to their religion much more zealously than practitioners of most commonly recognized religions.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Nothing really new here. They tried some of the same kind of crap here back in the '90's. The environmentalist whack jobs wanted the city to tax everyone for every square inch, might have been square foot, of impermeable surface on your property. Driveways, sidewalks, roof, stepping stones, stoops/porches, etc... Supposedly to pay for upgrading the sewer system, yeah right. It was proposed by the "green space" crowd, and we found out about it when fighting the Rails to Trails land grab scheme going on here on Indy's westside.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    As far as the dog doodie thing, seeing how I despise those worthless animals, if you can't clean up after it they could slit your *** and run your leg thru it for all I care....:D

take-that-back-now.jpg

Purple where needed.

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    So they are telling the fire department to stop using water to fight fires? Take precious manpower in a emergency situation and get the water to retaining pools.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So they are telling the fire department to stop using water to fight fires? Take precious manpower in a emergency situation and get the water to retaining pools.

Come on! No one accused leftists of being particularly bright!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Is a little bit of tyranny preferable to a lot?

Well, I grabbed my rifle and ran outside this morning, but I was the only one out there with a rifle.

Are you saying it's go time?

Until it is, the only thing I can do is vote and regularly harangue people who want to use their vote to step on my neck.

What more do you want?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well, I grabbed my rifle and ran outside this morning, but I was the only one out there with a rifle.

Are you saying it's go time?

Until it is, the only thing I can do is vote and regularly harangue people who want to use their vote to step on my neck.

What more do you want?

We've got millions of people on the lookout for that spec of tyranny in the eyes of others while ignoring or denying that we have a log in our own. If everybody fixed themselves, there be no need to run out into the streets with our rifles.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    A decent sized earthquake that is long overdue according to the Discovery channel will solve the California problem for us.

If only it would take the Northeast along with it too, then this country can get back to where in needs to be.

Top Bottom