• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Sam's Club on East Washington St is closing soon. Yesterday prices were 25% off marked. Stocked up some. 25% off includes beer, wine, and liquor. Place was very busy and I think most were buying some booze, me included. Where can you get 750 ml of JD or Wild Turkey 101 for $30?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    When you work on thin margins a lot of things can convince a store to move to greener pastures. Declining sales, higher overhead, saturation of slip and fall claims, it doesn't take a lot of these to make a store lose money steadily.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Two IMPD cars with lights flashing parked out front when I went, assumed just extra security due to large crowds. Nothing bad going on. Parking lot was full and inside was crowded. I could envision someone having back strain or heart attack from lifting all the heavy stuff they were carting out, or getting run over by one of those big carts.:):

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    When you work on thin margins a lot of things can convince a store to move to greener pastures. Declining sales, higher overhead, saturation of slip and fall claims, it doesn't take a lot of these to make a store lose money steadily.

True. When you look at all the retailers in that area closing or moving it is a shame. The whole area is just drying up. In the 70s & 80s I lived in Fayette County and this was our shopping area. Today I live 40 miles closer and have to shop elsewhere due to all the closures.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Read that they are closing 68 stores nationwide. If you recently purchased a membership, you can get a refund. Going to concentrate on stores that are actually profitable, and claim they will turn some old stores into distribution centers for their online business.

We've thought the quality of products and personnel has been declining for a while. Some of our business has certainly been going to competitors (CostCo) and online (Amazon).

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Read that they are closing 68 stores nationwide. If you recently purchased a membership, you can get a refund. Going to concentrate on stores that are actually profitable, and claim they will turn some old stores into distribution centers for their online business.

We've thought the quality of products and personnel has been declining for a while. Some of our business has certainly been going to competitors (CostCo) and online (Amazon).

I use to get a discount at Sams for being a school bus driver. After about 2 years we decided to look at Costco and see what the hype was about. We joined Costco and have not looked back.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We (son and I) worked for the service company that took care of these stores. The one mentioned is worn out. Completely. The copper refrigeration pipe was leaking through the side walls. We replace 2 complete runs just before I retired. The compressor shed is a mess. The floor is sagging and so on. Place is a mechanical dump.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Glad the Kokomo Sam's Club is staying open. My SIL used the one in Goshen, and now has to drive to Mishawaka.

Top Bottom