• ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Anyone have one? Anyone tested their long term durability?

Considering buying one as a truck gun that will stand up to irregular maintenance and temp changes. Supposedly rifles are designed for maritime operations, so I'd assume this is exactly the purpose of the rifle. But before I spend $1,000 on an AR I wanted to see if anyone else had one. The internet is sparse with any actual reviews.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    What makes it poised for maritime missions?
    $1K for a truck gun?
    Why not a PSA for a truck gun?
    Might be a reason there's no reviews online. I've never even heard of them

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    We tested three of them at work recently and none of the three ran reliably, at least initially. They started to malfunction less as we put more rounds through them, so they may just have needed a break in period. None of them had a forward assist, so they were really out of the running before we started testing them.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Just looks like a stainless barrel, gas's block and Nickle boron bolt carrier group and trigger with a cerakote job. Not sure what makes this so corrosion resistant (look up H&K Maritime finish for that). As others have mentioned why go expensive for a truck gun, I just assume it's going to get stolen.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Anyone have one? Anyone tested their long term durability?

Considering buying one as a truck gun that will stand up to irregular maintenance and temp changes. Supposedly rifles are designed for maritime operations, so I'd assume this is exactly the purpose of the rifle. But before I spend $1,000 on an AR I wanted to see if anyone else had one. The internet is sparse with any actual reviews.
    Just buy a cheap Anderson for $388 and if need arises replace parts with higher quality. You have a lot of room to work with at $388.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I was thinking about getting one of them too but reviews seemed few and far between, and not stellar?

Namely the corrosion resistant claims but with nothing really new or different seeming?

So I just skipped it.

As mentioned above, for a truck gun I'd buy something half the price. Or piece it together through the ads on here. That's what I did to build the Mrs a new kit. Had everything but a handguard and this last weekends sales online solved that.

Top Bottom