• ...and so much more!
  • ISO400

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2024
    South Bend
    I'm wearing my regular single vision glasses, but I don't think this is sufficient to protect my eyes. Do you guys have any recommendations for eye protectors for those of us who have to wear glasses? For example, are there clip-on protection lenses that can be attached to regular glasses?

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I like to wear Wiley X Valor prescription glasses, in place of my normal single prescription glasses.
    I've got a clear pair of lenses...great for indoor and low-light shooting.

Wiley X Valor Prescription

RX-Safety (Less expensive 3rd party distributor)

My tinted prescription shooting glasses are made by ESS (Oakley) and are fantastic as well.

I found that wearing anything over my "normal" glasses simple didn't fit well and caused issues .

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    ESS makes eye pro with an insert. The main lens is protective, and there is a slot in the nose piece behind the lens.

If you need correction, you can buy a special frame from them and have your optometrist make lenses for it. Then that frame drops into that slot.

And the Crossbow frame has VERY thin temples so that when you wear muffs it doesnt cause pressure on the sides of your head after a while like regular glasses do.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Of you want to invest about $100 you can get one of these. I have a pair with progressive lenses and they were right about $100.

I may have to check these out as well.

For my prescription glasses I have impact resistant lenses but it would be nice to have something with side protection, etc.

Though it does seem like Zennioptical only offers single vision or progressive but no bifocal (which I use -- can't get used to progressives), though I guess I could get by with single vision, but then it doesn't offer me a lot beyond what I get with the bifocal at the top. Though I could just order them with my distance single vision setting and use with my red dot optics.

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Prescription shooting glasses are the best way to go. I have Randolph Engineering prescription shooting glasses with interchangeable lenses, but it looks like they don't do that anymore. Decot still does, but both types are expensive. Looks like Zenni Optical is the best choice.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

For my prescription glasses I have impact resistant lenses but it would be nice to have something with side protection, etc.

Though it does seem like Zennioptical only offers single vision or progressive but no bifocal (which I use -- can't get used to progressives), though I guess I could get by with single vision, but then it doesn't offer me a lot beyond what I get with the bifocal at the top. Though I could just order them with my distance single vision setting and use with my red dot optics.
    Looks like these are available as bifocals. Have never asked if they would do the reading grind at the top.

IMG_5900.jpeg

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Looks like these are available as bifocals. Have never asked if they would do the reading grind at the top.

View attachment 328259
    Cool. I clearly didn't look hard enough. I just clicked a single frame and then looked at the options for it.

I'd be good with just my standard bifocal prescription since most of my shooting is with red dots these days. I can use my ones with a reader up top if I want to shoot irons.

Thanks for clarifying the option I missed.

Something like this would be great. I'll check them out more.

Edit: I may have to call them as even when I select a frame available for bifocal I only get these options one I select them (single vision or progressive)

Think I'll contact them and ask.
    IMG_0208.png
    It's interesting. It seems the bifocal filter on frames doesn't seem to work properly when I also select the safety feature. When I don't select safety as well, and pick a regular frame I can select bifocal. Oh well, I'll contact them.

Last edited:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Cool. I clearly didn't look hard enough. I just clicked a single frame and then looked at the options for it.

I'd be good with just my standard bifocal prescription since most of my shooting is with red dots these days. I can use my ones with a reader up top if I want to shoot irons.

Edit: I may have to call them as even when I select a frame available for bifocal I only get these options one I select them (single vision or progressive)

View attachment 328263
    It's interesting. It seems the bifocal filter on frames doesn't seem to work properly when I also select the safety feature. When I don't select safety as well, and pick a regular frame I can select bifocal. Oh well, I'll contact them.
    Another option you could check Costco although I have never checked for safety glasses. I had a pair of safety glasses I got years ago from Walmart and subsequently replaced due to changes in my prescription but they were not too bad, but not as cheap as Zenni

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Another option you could check Costco although I have never checked for safety glasses. I had a pair of safety glasses I got years ago from Walmart and subsequently replaced due to changes in my prescription but they were not too bad, but not as cheap as Zenni
    Great idea as I got my current glasses from Costco. Will check them out

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County

I get prescription safety glasses for work and they will provide side shields. If you go to Amazon and type safety glasses side shields in you will get a bunch of options.

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I didn’t see this item mentioned, I have used this and attached them to the top of the lens on an older pair of glasses. It has worked well for me and it is temporary and can be removed if needed.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm wearing my regular single vision glasses, but I don't think this is sufficient to protect my eyes. Do you guys have any recommendations for eye protectors for those of us who have to wear glasses? For example, are there clip-on protection lenses that can be attached to regular glasses?
    Get Trivex lenses. They are the best out there right now unless they have came up with something better in the last 3 years.

CombatShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    NW
    I bought cheap prescription safety glasses from Zenni, I think the frames were $25 and the lenses added $40 with free shipping. So $65 total. Not bad but cheaply made frames. I'll definately buy something better next time. I often just use Elvex safety glasses (as my prescription isn't that strong) in lieu of the prescription glasses.

CombatShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    NW

View attachment 328263
    There is probably an upcharge for the safety lenses also. I bought cheap frames with prescription safety lenses from them and there definately was

Top Bottom