Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Steven R. Jenkins Police Supply

6680 E. 21st Street

Indianapolis, IN 46219

Is closing after over fifty years, serving first responders, LE/Gov and others.
    February 24 2024 will be their last day.
    Geez I have been going there since I was a deputy in 1996.
    I’ll miss Misty, and Greta, Glock days, and buying all the stuff I bought.
    20% discount on all store products except already marked down firearms
    Will be sorry to see them go.

317-352-0184

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Out of my general travel area, which is likely why I hadn't heard of them until now.
    Still sorry to see a gun shop close.

There are not enough as it is.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Sorry to hear it's closing. It's just down the road a short piece. I've bought a few items in there over the years and was always a good place to get quality items that you might not find on the shelf in other stores

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    When I was a volunteer EMT (1990-2016) I purchased several items from the Fort Wayne store.
    It was sad when the Fort Wayne store closed...it's tough to see a staple close!

Last edited:

mike4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Nelson & Co. is already established in Greencastle and probably equally or more convenient coming from most directions (the locations where more population is located) as Terre Haute would be.

I'm not in the LE field to use the uniform side of their business, but ran down there once looking to assess "battle belt" options where fit, etc. made it much better to do in-person. It sounded like they were about to reorganize their layout so maybe it's different now. I was disappointed they had so little of that gear on display, but fortunately I asked before leaving and a really knowledgeable guy spent a lot of time in discussion and pulled multiple items out from their mail order inventory for me to look at and try out, and I walked out with everything I wanted. Absolutely the greatest customer service engagement I've experienced in maybe the last 20 years.

They also had the best price I could find anywhere including the entire internet on a $200+ knife I'm still interested in, but I had already exceeded my annual defense budget at that point in time.

And on original topic, always bad to lose another business. On the national level I was surprised to learn recently Ontario Knives had folded.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Nelson & Co. is already established in Greencastle and probably equally or more convenient coming from most directions (the locations where more population is located) as Terre Haute would be.

I'm not in the LE field to use the uniform side of their business, but ran down there once looking to assess "battle belt" options where fit, etc. made it much better to do in-person. It sounded like they were about to reorganize their layout so maybe it's different now. I was disappointed they had so little of that gear on display, but fortunately I asked before leaving and a really knowledgeable guy spent a lot of time in discussion and pulled multiple items out from their mail order inventory for me to look at and try out, and I walked out with everything I wanted. Absolutely the greatest customer service engagement I've experienced in maybe the last 20 years.

They also had the best price I could find anywhere including the entire internet on a $200+ knife I'm still interested in, but I had already exceeded my annual defense budget at that point in time.

And on original topic, always bad to lose another business. On the national level I was surprised to learn recently Ontario Knives had folded.
    Valid point. However My latest trip to Nelson’s they were thinning out everything. The gentleman did mention they were ramping up on the Firstline products and there were very little 511 stuff.

And the unavailability to staff it on Saturdays is sort of a bummer for some.

Just pondering if it’s worth asking the owner to expand the LE stuff he has.

mike4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Sorry to hear the trend with Nelson's. That first and only visit was probably March 2022. Store interior space was mostly uniform, although I'd never been to Jenkins to compare.

Maybe foot traffic is off enough that Nelson's has shifted more toward webstore/mail order?
    When I looked at their website after posting above it does look like they've expanded the items they have in stock for packs/load bearing equipment and all that more military or SWAT-like gear.

Top Bottom