• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Get a couple of the 15 round OEM mags that will get you close. I got two and tested them. No issues and load easier than the 13's when new before loosening them up.
    I need a longer grip in why I'm interested in larger capacity. My hands are just to big for these small guns. I like the idea of a 3" barrel, but I don't like not being able to get a full grip on the handgun.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I need a longer grip in why I'm interested in larger capacity. My hands are just to big for these small guns. I like the idea of a 3" barrel, but I don't like not being able to get a full grip on the handgun.

Get a couple of the 15 round OEM mags that will get you close. I got two and tested them. No issues and load easier than the 13's when new before loosening them up.
    The 15 round OEM's are probably what you are looking for. They take the grip length close to the full-size frame. Here is a short video showing size and length.

Shield Plus 15 round mag.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    My f.i.l. loaned me his sig 365 and shield plus. The plus feels good and shoots good in large paws. Sig shoots good but just too small. F.i.l mentioned a lower from Wilson that enlarges 365 grip. Leaning hard towards s&w.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Apparently there's a problem with too much material on the back side of the follower not allowing the spring to slip into its designated position when it gets compressed causing the problem of the 13th round not fitting. There's a vid out showing how to fix the problem. I was just wondering how widespread the issue is. Other than that I can't find any complaints of the pistol on the internet
    So, two of my four 13-rounders have this problem, even when using an Uplula. Not sure if this was the video you found, but I did take a look at the two mags with only 12-rounds and it is the problem identified in this video... the spring coils are stacking up on the flats at the corners of the follower rather than gathering in the follower void area.

Good visual at 3:00 in the video:

I did not modify the followers in mine, yet. I disassembled both of the mags I had problems with, re-assembled and was able to fully load to 13 either with or without the Uplula.

And that definitely is the problem... when the spring compresses correctly, the follower comes all the way down to the baseplate of the mag.

It feels like the spring is completely compressed and bottomed out with that last round
    Same here... and it is, but on a flat corner of the follower.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    So, two of my four 13-rounders have this problem, even when using an Uplula. Not sure if this was the video you found, but I did take a look at the two mags with only 12-rounds and it is the problem identified in this video... the spring coils are stacking up on the flats at the corners of the follower rather than gathering in the follower void area.

I did not modify the followers in mine, yet. I disassembled both of the mags I had problems with, re-assembled and was able to fully load to 13 either with or without the Uplula.

And that definitely is the problem... when the spring compresses correctly, the follower comes all the way down to the baseplate of the mag.

Yes, that's the video I was referring to. I took my 13 rounder apart and did the mod. Just did a very slight bevel and now I can load 13.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

I'll take mine apart, clean and inspect them. I haven't done that yet.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    My f.i.l. loaned me his sig 365 and shield plus. The plus feels good and shoots good in large paws. Sig shoots good but just too small. F.i.l mentioned a lower from Wilson that enlarges 365 grip. Leaning hard towards s&w.

If you're thinking about getting one, I would get it soon. They have a $50 rebate that ends in about a week.

I have one as my EDC. Great trigger. Big enough, comfortable to shoot, easy to conceal. 10rd, 13rd, and 15rd mags available.

Relax_36

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 23, 2022
    Indianapolis
    The Shield Plus wasn't really even on my radar until yesterday, but I just went and bought a PC 3.1" today. Really excited about this gun, and hot damn I got a very healthy discount I didn't even know I was going to get, along with a bunch of free S&W swag.

For awhile I'd been on the hunt for a micro to carry when riding the motorcycles, and just wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea of a P365, G43, or a G26 as they're all just a lil too snappy for me, and none of them feel particularly great in my hand. I love my Glock19, and I definitely loved the Sig Macro (recently sold here on INGO), but they were both just a bit too invasive for me to carry while riding, the 19 especially.

Wandered into RangeUSA Avon yesterday, and there were little "Smith and Wesson Special Event" signs out front. There was a S&W rep inside with a bunch of demo guns, one of which was a Shield (not a 2.0, not a Plus, just an OG shield). I was really surprised how nice that Shield felt in my hand, so I decided to take it and the 5 free bullets to the range to see what it was all about. Having never fired any model S&W before (I don't recall even having ever held a S&W), I dropped all 5 shots into a 2" square @ 15yds and fell in love. Went back out to the showroom and held a Plus, fell in love again. Felt GREAT in my hand in ways that other micros just don't, could get my pinkie comfortably on the 10rd mag grip, and with riding gloves on my finger still easily slid into the trigger guard. "I think this is the one!"

Went home, did some research, read some articles and forums, watched a bunch of Youtube reviews and comparisons. Decided the Plus PC 3.1" was going to be the one for me. The RangeUSA in Carmel had one in-stock, so I went up this morning to buy it. There was another S&W sales rep at that location today who tossed me a bunch of swag which was cool, but for me the real kicker came @ the register - walked out of there with an extra 10rd mag, kydex iwb holster, 200rds and tax for less than their sticker price. I typically try to stay away from the "big box" firearms retailers and stick with a couple of the locals, but this was a surprisingly nice experience.

Absolutely love the way this thing shoots, and not just for a micro. Could totally be new gun euphoria I admit, but it strikes me as every bit as manageable and accurate as my G19 and the X-Macro at 20yds. Dare I say S&W may have just found themselves a new convert?

20230415_202610.jpg

FREE SWAG!

20230415_202112.jpg

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Nice, glad you picked up something you're happy with, especially for a great price... :yesway:

I have the Shield Plus OR and enjoy it. I also have the X Macro and shoot them back to back a lot and enjoy both pretty much equally. One nice thing about the Shield series is that the magazines are a lot cheaper than the Sig mags. That's definitely something in your favor.

I find it very odd that there were S&W reps at the different RangeUSA locations this weekend, but no S&W booth at the NRA Convention... :dunno:

Relax_36

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 23, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Nice, glad you picked up something you're happy with, especially for a great price... :yesway:

I have the Shield Plus OR and enjoy it. I also have the X Macro and shoot them back to back a lot and enjoy both pretty much equally. One nice thing about the Shield series is that the magazines are a lot cheaper than the Sig mags. That's definitely something in your favor.

I find it very odd that there were S&W reps at the different RangeUSA locations this weekend, but no S&W booth at the NRA Convention... :dunno:
    Yeah, the less expensive mags are definitely a plus! Reading this thread, I ended up pretty pleased with how easy loading the 13rd mag that came with the Plus was. Last round was a little stiff going in, but didn't need to grab the uplula. Putting rounds 15,16,17 in the Macro mags was rough for quite awhile until they finally broke in. Don't get me wrong though, I absolutely loved that gun, regretted selling it almost immediately, and definitely plan on picking up another one in the near future.

Also snagged a Pearce extension for the 10rd mag from a LGS today. Not convinced I need it, but for $10 it doesn't hurt the wallet to try one out and see.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Loved the original Shield 9mm and picked it over the Glock 43 several years ago. Then ended up with a P365 and then the optics ready P365X. To top it off also added a Glock 43X MOS. Was going to order an optics slide for the Shield but last week decided just to get a Shield Plus with the optics ready slide.

Firing today for the first time I think I am going to like this one best of all my carry size 9mms. Far and away better trigger and less felt recoil than the G43X. I like the Shield Plus trigger more than the P365X too.

The one drawback and it is significant , I could not get the Romeo Zero sight zeroed. It is out of adjustment and my shots are about 4" high at 25 feet and about 12" at 25 yards. The same Romeo Zero has been on both the P365X and Glock 43X MOS with no issues as well as a P322. Hope this is not a slide issue.

Top Bottom