• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I have a full size M&P M2.0 with 4.6" barrel. I am really wanting to use the .45 Super round. Any useful advice for making this work? Wolff Springs has the springs and guide rod.

Thanks, y'all!

{Yes, I asked over on that forum, too}

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I don't run the M&P platform, but I do run a few Glock platforms set up for .45 Super and .450 SMC. The first is a Glock 21 frame with a stainless LWD tactical-length slide and barrel (5") and a 24# recoil spring...runs very well! Love the moderate felt recoil, which is actually 'mild' in my opinion for what was expected! The second is an OEM Glock 30 with a LWD 4.25" barrel and 24# recoil spring...felt recoil is a bit more stout than the tactical length, but accuracy is still awesome!
    The biggest difference between the .45 acp and the .45 Super or .450 SMC round is the pressure and recoil...and having a heavy enough slide and sufficient recoil spring, to slow down the recoil action, is key to not damaging the pistol.
    Both fall into the role of camping / hiking and I'm pretty comfortable with those calibers against anything east of the Mississippi!

Top Bottom