• ...and so much more!
  • DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I've never been a real fan of S&W, I've only ever owned 2

But after seeing the frozen water & mud test on Garand Thumbs channel and now this goofy 'testing' I kind of feel like I need one or two of these.

The question I have though is how similar are the C and SC models to the full size?

All of these videos were using the full size.

Are the internals mostly the same on all of these?

Anyone have a full size and one of the compact versions? How has the smaller one held up and performed?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

morve80

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 12, 2023
    Speedway
    The compact one I had was glock 19 size. I traded it for the full size, glock 17 size. I have big bear paws and didn't like my pinky hanging off the grip. I've owned sveral before. 1st gens and 2.0. 5" barrel to 3.6". All of mine have held up great. I'm make poor financial decisions. So sometimes I need to come up with funds. Lol. I've started replacing the stock trigger with an apex flat trigger kit. I absolutely love my current one and never plan to get rid of it. It is my favorite. The internals on my compact and fullsize were the same. I assume the sub compact will be the same too. Any aftermarket trigger doesn't specify f/c/sc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230625_144709_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20230625_144709_Gallery.jpg
      335.7 KB · Views: 4

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    They are the same until you get to the Shield series, and I don't think they very much. I believe the only significant differences between my 2.0 compact and 5" slide and recoil spring assy length and magazine length / capacity.

I have never tried mixing parts, but differences must be minimal based upon visual inspection.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Beside the Shields got the 4.25 M2.0 first then the 4.0 compact when it came out, both in 9mm. Almost no difference between the two and you can swap the slides, same frame. Didn't keep the compact long just didn't like the feel and balance compared to full size and the Glock 19. Traded it for a Glock 45. With that said kept the 4.25 and added an Apex trigger and Ameriglo sights. No plans to get rid of it. You really can't go wrong with the M&P M2.0 line. Very reliable pistols.

Just my opinion YMMV.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    S&W does a nice job of confusing people. Compact, subcompact, Shield, 2.0, I can't keep up with it anymore.

I had an early model full size M&P. Think Glock 17 sized. Nice but at the time I didn't know what I wanted so I sold it. Then came the original Shield. Then came the 2.0 and now the Plus. I think of a Shield as a small pistol for CC purposes so when they introduce one with a longer barrel than my 2.0 Compact, I get that quizzical look on my face.:dunno:

But I also understand that people can be very particular so options are a good thing.

I have the 2.0 Compact which you need to include the "2.0" because the older Compact is a different pistol entirely. The 2.0 Compact is Smith's answer to the Glock 19.

I have interchanged parts with the 2.0 or full size, but have with the Shield and Shield+. From the slide up, they are the same. I went so far as to swap slides to see how compatible they are and they both worked fine.

Sometimes I think I'd rather have the full size M&P since I don't carry my 2.0C, but I don't see the extra inch being worth going through all the gyrations of getting one and "making it mine".

True4ever909

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2023
    fort wayne
    Beside the Shields got the 4.25 M2.0 first then the 4.0 compact when it came out, both in 9mm. Almost no difference between the two and you can swap the slides, same frame. Didn't keep the compact long just didn't like the feel and balance compared to full size and the Glock 19. Traded it for a Glock 45. With that said kept the 4.25 and added an Apex trigger and Ameriglo sights. No plans to get rid of it. You really can't go wrong with the M&P M2.0 line. Very reliable pistols.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Thank you all so much. I need a subcompact so I might just go with thar. Having bad luck finding a p80 g26 locally so I think this will take its place.
    Good luck finding a subcompact 2.0 M&P. The Shield Plus has basically made it obsolete, and it's not common to see the subcompact because they don't sell well.

I've got several M&P pistols in all sizes except the subcompact, because I don't need that one with the Shield Plus in my collection.

Jndturner317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Noblesville
    I have the Subcompact that I purchased before the Shield Plus came out. I like it but carry the SP most of the time. I’m pretty much stuck on the M&P 2.0’s. I tried to like other brands but have always come back to the M&P’s. They feel more natural in my hands.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I bought a M&P 9 when they first rolled out in 2007. The standard M&P is somewhere between a Glock 19/20 and 17/22. I also picked up a M&P 9c with a 12 round mag. It was between size of a Glock 26/27 and a 19.

The main difference in a current M&P compact is with a 4” barrel and 15 round grip it’s that sweet spot Glock 19 size. The full size M&P standard has a 4 1/4” barrel (1/4” longer than a compact) and not even 1/2” grip for 17 rounds (I’m guesstimating) nit wnogjt to make a difference in real carry unless you are just that small statured!

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    I have had M&P's for a while, sold a few and then returned because I am so comfortable shooting them. I currently carry a Compact 3.6 & Compact 4.0 (newer optic ready models) and my old trusty Shield 40 with a 357sig barrel.

I'm sitting on but will probably sell when prices get better for sellers a Shield Plus 4" and a subcompact 3.6".

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Got my fiancee a Performance Center M&P Pro 9 C.O.R.E. a few years ago. I slapped an Apex trigger/Vortex Venom on it and she's been rockin' it ever since. I'm a Walther Fanboy at heart; but, her Pro 9 never fails to impress me.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    LyG5jIyl.jpg

btpGARgl.jpg

DirtRoadEvan

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I had the same reaction to the garand thumb testing . . . I have not had the pleasure of owning a M and P but I was very impressed and second guesing my loyalty to the boxy austrian tuperware guns.

Top Bottom