• ...and so much more!
  • IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    I have a S&W Bodyguard 380 that I need to return for repair per the advice of a LGS (the slide will not go back all the way). I went to the S&W website, filled out a form, and was given a confirmation # for a return receipt that they were supposed to email me. That was over Memorial Day weekend and no response. I sent an email to their "contact us" website two nights ago and still nothing. Is this typical of S&W customer service? :dunno:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Check your spam filter? E-mail is not a reliable method of communication and I wouldn't immediately assume it was negligence on the part of the sender.

Here's the stats from my company's spam filter. This is just since the beginning of the year. Note the difference between "Received" and "Allowed". We're running around 94% of our total mail volume as spam right now.

yIdSA.png

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    When I had my M&P .40 I had ordered a few mags off thier website. Turns out they were backordered and they sent me Emails back and forth usually within the course of a business day giving me updates and answering questions. I have since sold the M&P but I was pleased with the CS experiance I had with them.

Give them a few days and if you still get no response you could always call them.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Check your spam filter? E-mail is not a reliable method of communication and I wouldn't immediately assume it was negligence on the part of the sender.

Thanks Scutter...I have been checking my spam folder just in case, but haven't seen anything yet. I will try to call them tomorrow. BTW, when I finally do send my gun back, do I use normal mailing routes (UPS, USPS), or does a gun shop have to do it?

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    When I had my M&P .40 I had ordered a few mags off thier website. Turns out they were backordered and they sent me Emails back and forth usually within the course of a business day giving me updates and answering questions. I have since sold the M&P but I was pleased with the CS experiance I had with them.

Give them a few days and if you still get no response you could always call them.

Thanks for your input. I do plan on calling them tomorrow and perhaps their is some operator error on my part. :n00b:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Another vote for "call them".
    I've had occasion to deal with them a couple different times through no fault of the gun(s).
    They paid shipping both ways, returned things very quickly, and sent me extra parts for my trouble.

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    I filled out the online request back in early May for my Shield and received the email with the shipping information on 5/10. Turnaround was 3.5 weeks and I got a free magazine returned with the gun - in addition to the replaced slide.

I had originally contacted them via email and never heard anything back. When you call them it also prompts you to go fill out an online return request and after a few days I was ready to call and speak to somebody but the email did finally show up w/o doing so.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Having to send my M&P9 back and did the same thing yesterday. Filled the return form out and keep checking the spam filter. So far nothing but it's not quite been 24 hours. I'll give them a bit and if I haven't heard from them by the end of the week I'll give them a call. I know the last 2 times I had to send something back to them I did receive an email within 24-48 hours of the request. Turn around time was good but I was a little disappointed in the communication. I asked if I could be contacted by the tech working on my gun, and even left a note detailing the problem in the gun box along with my work and home phone, work and home email and the hours I'd be available to talk to the tech. Never did hear from them (the 1st or 2nd time I sent the gun to them) and sadly I never got a free hat, mag or anything :(

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    The downside: They are not very responsive to emails and my typical wait, even as a dealer, is 1 to 1.5 hours before I get to talk to an actual person.

The Upside: Once I DO get to talk to an actual person they are very friendly and responsive. I receive the email mailing information within a day. Once it has been sent I typically get the gun back between 10 days and 2 weeks. Usually closer to 10 days. They pay for all shipping and repairs.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I did call them today and will hopefully get an email response soon. INGO is the best! :ingo:

Top Bottom