• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I'm looking for a good rustic log cabin rental preferably in the deep woods. I want seclusion for 2 adults and 2 children. I don't want to hear traffic nor do I want other cabins in the area.

I grew up in the country and miss what the forest offered me as a child. I want to provide this experience to my kids mainly. Relatives have rented cottages in Bloomington that were fully modernized inside with a jacuzzi on the deck. I'm not looking for that.

In order to keep the GF from pulling her hair out, the cabin can have some modern conveniences such as electricity, toilets, fridge, etc. I just don't want it looking like a finished apartment inside. Preferably all wood.

Location can be as close as in state to a few states out. Within one days driving distance.

I know how to use google and am finding some places but I'm just wondering if anyone already knows of the perfect spot to check out.

Thanks.

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Ive had pretty good luck with red river gorgeous cabins in Kentucky. not too far away, and the red river gorge area is a great place to spend time outdoors. :yesway:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    How far away from the nearest car? Around 14 hours from central Indiana.Some of the cabins you must canoe to(provided,along with a guide to get you there).The cabins all have propane lights,refrigeration,propane stoves,water provided,and are hand hewn log cabins.A few of the cabins have running water,most do not though and have well maintained out houses.You will not see a car or people for that matter.

http://www.logcabinhideaways.com/cabin/

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    How far away from the nearest car? Around 14 hours from central Indiana.Some of the cabins you must canoe to(provided,along with a guide to get you there).The cabins all have propane lights,refrigeration,propane stoves,water provided,and are hand hewn log cabins.A few of the cabins have running water,most do not though and have well maintained out houses.You will not see a car or people for that matter.

I like the fact that you must canoe to the cabin and then hike to get there. Adds to the adventure I'm looking for and the seclusion away from cars and roads. I want to immerse my kids in nature away from their ps3 and Cartoon Network.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I'm looking for a good rustic log cabin rental preferably in the deep woods. I want seclusion for 2 adults and 2 children. I don't want to hear traffic nor do I want other cabins in the area.

I grew up in the country and miss what the forest offered me as a child. I want to provide this experience to my kids mainly. Relatives have rented cottages in Bloomington that were fully modernized inside with a jacuzzi on the deck. I'm not looking for that.

In order to keep the GF from pulling her hair out, the cabin can have some modern conveniences such as electricity, toilets, fridge, etc. I just don't want it looking like a finished apartment inside. Preferably all wood.

Location can be as close as in state to a few states out. Within one days driving distance.

I know how to use google and am finding some places but I'm just wondering if anyone already knows of the perfect spot to check out.

Thanks.

Dude, have you never watched the Evil Dead? :D

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.

Those cabins rock. A little steep at around $200 / night though.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    check out Porcupine State Park in UP Michigan. Right along Lake Superior. Nice cabins, inexpensive, well stocked and kept. No electric, just a gravity sink, wood stove, good solid spring bunks and outhouses. There is a boat or canoe by each cabin.

Top Bottom