• ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Professor Igor Panarin said:
    He predicted that the U.S. will break up into six parts - the Pacific coast, with its growing Chinese population; the South, with its Hispanics; Texas, where independence movements are on the rise; the Atlantic coast, with its distinct and separate mentality; five of the poorer central states with their large Native American populations; and the northern states, where the influence from Canada is strong.

Not sure about the assumptions of these demographics...

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    My prediction..... come for Alaska, and we'll put your heads on pikes along the shoreline, just as a reminder to all others who might be so inclined.... and we will broadcast it on CNN - they will be there before the first pike goes into the soil :):

Muddy_Ford

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Hartford City
    I personally think it's time for us to go on the hunt again. Start claiming some areas as ours and kicking out the despots! :)

:patriot: Lowers unemployment and stimulates the economy. War truly is what saved the new deal. Just think we would double the Armed Forces, which would mean lots of extra vehicles (Merry Christmas GM and Chrysler and what the heck the may even let Ford in too.) Guns, Ammo (only downside we would have a real shortage for a while), planes, and ships don't forget them. That should be enough manufacturing to help turn the economy around.

I just don't think the current administration has enough :bigballs:
    :popcorn:

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    :patriot: Lowers unemployment and stimulates the economy. War truly is what saved the new deal. Just think we would double the Armed Forces, which would mean lots of extra vehicles (Merry Christmas GM and Chrysler and what the heck the may even let Ford in too.) Guns, Ammo (only downside we would have a real shortage for a while), planes, and ships don't forget them. That should be enough manufacturing to help turn the economy around.

I just don't think the current administration has enough :bigballs:
    :popcorn:
    What has Iraq and Afghanistan done for the economy? It's not like the old days where there was mass labor needed to build military equipment. Everybody stopped building cars and pianos and stuff to build tanks and planes and whatnot. Those days are long gone, since the advent of robotics and computer controlled manufacturing.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What has Iraq and Afghanistan done for the economy? It's not like the old days where there was mass labor needed to build military equipment. Everybody stopped building cars and pianos and stuff to build tanks and planes and whatnot. Those days are long gone, since the advent of robotics and computer controlled manufacturing.

We're just not setting our sights BIG ENOUGH. One or two little rat infested corners and we just use supplies on hand. All of South America... and NOW we're talking! :)

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    "Zombie thread" That's funny! Some of them are worth re-visiting

He even suggested that "we could claim Alaska - it was only granted on lease, after all." Panarin, 60, is a professor at the Diplomatic Academy of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and has authored several books on information warfare.

I think he needs to stick to political ramblings, since history ain't his thing. I guess he's never read on a little thing that was called Seward's Folly back a while ago...

The looming U.S. Civil War delayed the sale, but after the war, Secretary of State William Seward quickly took up a renewed Russian offer and on March 30, 1867, agreed to a proposal from Russian Minister in Washington, Edouard de Stoeckl, to purchase Alaska for $7.2 million.

Purchase of Alaska, 1867

JakeJ277

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Is Russia actually considering "claiming Alaska" ?? This is a bit alarming. I was hoping to live there someday...

Top Bottom