• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I was in Rural King today listening to the genius workers lecture a man who was arguing the legality of leaving with a purchased weapon in a box instead of a locked case. RK claims that you're legally required to have a locked case when leaving with a gun. :rolleyes:

I've noticed since coming to town that their prices have skyrocketed. I think they were cheap for long enough to get people to not question their prices. Now they are significantly more expensive than other LGS.

bdwc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Noblesville
    I've often wondered why Indy didn't have a RK! One of my favorite stores. Now if we could just get one on the N side...but, we are supposed to be getting a Cabela's next year, so I guess I won't complain.

jbranham5173

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    mooresville,in
    It does not have to be a hard case , a soft sided will suffice, they are talking about the Clinton bull**** about having firearms within a certain distance to a school is why they do it, most guns and ammo they are cheaper than bradis .

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    A Cabela's and a RK on the north side . Just close enough to watch Gander Mountain wither on the vine .

One can only dream of such a day......

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Has anyone (that doesn't have an inside connection) actually ever bought anything from Gander Mountain?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I tip my hat to you. Nice pick up! Every time I have ever been in there and saw a "deal" it was on something I wasn't interested in.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I bought a couple nice ones at Gander Mountain back in the day when you could pick them up and coon finger the guns .

Ever since they switched to a " beg for some help from an a$$&0!* type of system " , I will go any and every where else.

cctwcc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Bargersville
    Not far from me and it will save me a drive to Martinsville to get dog food and the like.. It will be nice to have them local but I've also noticed that their gun prices aren't the best and staff is not as knowledgeable as some where guns are concerned. I've found it hard to beat the prices at Parabellum and if they are quite as low as some others in the neighborhood they have offered to throw in range time to make up the difference..

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I have seen them have some decent prices on new guns. They also have some very good sales. At least one of the guys behind the Shelbyville store is helpful and fairly knowledgeable. I may not agree with everything but I see him as much more knowledgeable than most of the people I have encountered behind a gander or even cabelas gun counters.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Store to open 1st week of April. And I have it on good authority that the manager of the "Gun Barn" is fairly knowledgeable. Is a competitor and a firearms instructor.

A little bird(chickadee if you must know,they can not keep secrets)told me all the way up here in Minnesota they are also an INGO member.
    :):

...and that they have 22lr ammo :popcorn:

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Has anyone (that doesn't have an inside connection) actually ever bought anything from Gander Mountain?

Bluejeans, shirts, occasionally fishing tackle. Their guide series jeans seem custom-fit for my short-@$$ legs. Not quite as durable as Levis, but at half the price... sign me up.

Top Bottom