• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Friend is an avid runner, trains for marathons. Want's to carry a small gun while running during training.
    Runs up to 8 miles at a time.
    What choices are there?
    I assume it could be difficult with the weight of the gun bouncing around.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I use a Taurus TCP .380 in the original carry holster that comes with it. The holster is similar to a phone holster—the kind that fit parallel to the belt. I use a very strong leather belt and draw it down tight. Holster cam be in SOB, 3:00, 1:00. Does not bother me at all.

I tried belly bands and holster shirts. They just did not work for me, always something wrong with it. The TCP in its flap holster works just fine.

45 LongColt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Indiana
    I use a Taurus TCP .380 in the original carry holster that comes with it. The holster is similar to a phone holster—the kind that fit parallel to the belt. I use a very strong leather belt and draw it down tight. Holster cam be in SOB, 3:00, 1:00. Does not bother me at all.

I tried belly bands and holster shirts. They just did not work for me, always something wrong with it. The TCP in its flap holster works just fine.
    Huh! I always get screwed. My Taurus TCP 380 didn't come with a holster. :(

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    I have a ruger LCP with a belt clip that I put inside my jogging shorts, then I draw the drawstring in tight. I give it a 7.5/10 on comfort.

NumberCruncher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    I've got this one that I wear when hiking/walking. I've not run in it, but it's pretty solid and doesn't bounce around. I have a Kahr CW9 that works well with it. My Ruger P95 fits in it, but it's a little too big and the pull tab tends to catch on the sites, so it's not the quickest draw. But it's comfortable.

Some people point and laugh, but just pop one in their ankle and they usually quiet down.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    I have a ruger LCP with a belt clip that I put inside my jogging shorts, then I draw the drawstring in tight. I give it a 7.5/10 on comfort.

Same here only I have the Kel-tec. Super light with clip - no holster, no round chambered. Forget it's even there. Of course it's a .380 so really only use is to allow me to fight my way to my knife... :-P

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I don't. Even my LCP is too bulky to carry comfortably. I just bring some Fox Labs pepper spray.

2500ekW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Zionsville
    Double-Pocket SPIbelt
    Kahr P380 in large pocket
    Housekey, laminated copies of drivers license, LTCH, health insurance card, and a $20 bill in the small pocket

Just don't carry with one in the chamber because the trigger is not protected. I'm actually considering just carrying a 3" fixed blade knife horizontal along my waist, and skipping the pistol, because it would be quicker to deploy than having to rack the slide.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom