• DO you agree?

• Total voters

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    My thoughts on drawing correlation between these two issues is that one state, or another might make licenses for same sex couples "shall issue" if they can prove a "need" to some random elected official. Now, slowly, shall issue states based on "need" have been losing in courts which definitely puts that thought process in traction, but it is technically still plausible that it could happen.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I hope the NRA takes it to the Supreme Court on this one. How could SCOTUS deny this when it applies to the same interpretation as they used to legalize gay marriage? They would look hypocritical (and probably still deny it just to show their true disdain for us conservatives).

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Forgive me, but all states honor the driver's license from all other states. Using the argument of "taking power away from the states" what is to stop a renegade state like California to tell Indiana drivers that their driver's license is no longer honored there?

Driving isn't a constitutionally protected right (obviously) but keeping and bearing arms is.

Yep, it sure would be nice if the states followed the constitution without needing the Supreme Court to shove it down their throats.

All states honor all other states DL though agreements. Pretty much how it is with firearm licenses at the moment. Except that currently all states honor all others DL, not as much with permits/licenses to carry. If CA decided to back out of the agreement and not recognize the IN DL, there is nothing stopping them at the moment. Although court decisions could change that. I could see it being argued under Art 4 Sec 1 that they are required to recognize them. Same with the LTCH. We honor Canadian and I believe all other countries drivers licenses, and I believe that most if not all other countries honor ours ( I know Canada does) but that does not mean it is required that they do.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    We want to carry everywhere we go! We are entitled to this right. Why? Your answer lies in the second amendment.

Not really. SCOTUS has ruled repeatedly that there is no such thing as an absolute right. For example, hate speech is not protected, nor is inciting a riot. Also, try carrying a gun into the SCOTUS courtroom and see what happens.

Top Bottom