• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rsmith

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Morgan County
    Fired my SR9C for the first time today just put 20 rounds thru it. No problems I was using winchester white box. I was hitting about 3 inches high but right on center. Not bad for just out of the box plus I am not the best shot.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    If you where shooting high, it sounds like you where anticipating the recoil. In other words, you where jerking the gun upward when squeezing the trigger. You can work on that at home. With an unloaded firearm. Place a penny or spent casing on top of the front sight. Squeeze the trigger without causing the penny or casing to fall off. That will help with trigger control, and help you to not anticipate recoil.

Rsmith

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Morgan County
    Put another 100 rounds thru my SR9C one FTE with first mag remington UMC. After that it was smooth sailing. My biggest problem was seeing the sights I am getting to the age where I wear reading glasses so im having trouble with the hole bifocal thing.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Did you give it a good cleaning?
    Including the striker channel?

Mine was packed full of grease when I bought it.
    There are vids on u-tube showing how to dissemble it.

Rsmith

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Morgan County
    yes I had seen many posts about FTFs, mine was also packed full of grease in the striker channel. I blame the FTE on cheap UMC ammo or new gun that was very tight. When I was finished at the range it was not nearly as stiff.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I understand your aging eye problem. I have tri-focals and am having considerably more problems than I did with bi-focals. Tipping your head up/back to use correct lens complicates the issue by totally ruining a 'shooting stance'. Recently read an article on this. The author suggested a method similar to shooting a shotgun. You focus on the target rather than the front sight. Sounded good in theory. Tried at range last week with less than great results.

Rsmith

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Morgan County
    I have two pair of glasses, one has bifocels the other pair the entier lens is for reading. Not sure if a fuzzy front site is better than a slightly fuzzy target.
    If needed for self defense, the closer range would negate this problem.

Kveldulf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Tippecanoe County
    The UMC issues is fairly common. It's nothing to do with the gun, but the ammo itself; the case length is too short, and Remington has admitted this. I hope you enjoy the SR9c! It's my favorite gun in my collection, hands down.

Rsmith

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Morgan County
    I have noticed that after putting 100 rounds thru it I can now release the slide lock just by pressing it. Out of the box this was impossible.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm a Glock guy through and through but that SR9C is a great gun. I had the opportunity to shoot my father-in-law's SR9C and was instantly impressed with it.

wp wrecks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    I really like my SR9C a lot. Have shot mine 3-4 times and no problems to speak of no matter what I put through it. Probably have 200 rounds down range so far.

I also wear tri-focals and when I go to the range I take them off and put on Walgreen's reading glasses. It takes away the raising of the head and gives you one lens. While the target is a bit fuzzy, the front and rear sights are in focus.

Maybe not the perfect solution but it is what has worked best for me so far.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I have considered another pair of cheap glasses with only one lense strictly for shooting but not sure how good of an idea. If a self defense situation arises, don't want to call 'time out' while I change glasses. By the same token, am going to start doing some practice shooting without glasses to replicate a situation where glasses are knocked off or that night time (in bed) situation without glasses.
    I have been considering another 9MM either for carry in certain situations or to use in weekly pistol league to save a little on ammo cost - usually shoot 40 S & W. Was looking at Big R recently and sales person said he had an SR 9c that he loved. He hadn't shot an SR 9 to compare. I have large hands and the compact without the extension would be too small. For strictly competition, the SR 9 has a slightly longer barrel and sight radius...possibly a slight advantage. I am used to DA/SA guns and the Glock DA trigger. I do not like some of the newer DA triggers that I have tried. What are your thoughts, experience with the Ruger trigger ?

wp wrecks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    I understand about telling the bad guy to wait a minute while I put on my cheap glasses but it's how I do it at the range. Next time I may go with your idea and do some shooting with no prescription glasses on.

I have no Glock experience but I own both an SR9 and an SR9C. The trigger on the SR9C is definitely better but I have heard that the latest SR9's and SR9C's have the same trigger. My SR9 is older. My SR9C trigger is lighter, crisper and does not have the gritty feel when you takeup the slack that the SR9 does.

My wife likes the SR9 better, I prefer the SR9C. My hands are fairly large but don't have a problem with or without the extension.

We have had virtually no problems with ftf or fte with either gun.

Don't know if this helps but it is my $.02.

Top Bottom