• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DMBFan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Boonville,IN
    The only problem with Whittakers is, now if you want to buy and harder to find gun you have to get there atleast 12 hours in advance or someone else will beat you to the line. Not really complaining though. I waited in line all night just to be behind the person to get the last AR for the day. Still picked up two of the mag tactical stripped lowers and had a pretty good time with everyone else there.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I can vouch for that. Got mine there on a Ruger Days event.

i work in kentucky, a guy i work with was in the store after the ruger days event, the lady yelled out, ruger 1911's unpacking now, so chris(the guy i work with) said can i see one? she said yes, he replied "i'll think about it" she replied back, "well dont think too long, we only got 30" so he bought it, the other 29 were gone that day!

now the question i have is? who did whitakers sell their soul to to get 30 sr1911's at one time?,(and that was not including the 30 they got for ruger days!) from what i hear, distributors dont get 30 at one time!

ive said it before, i love rugers, but i hate ruger at the same time, announcing new guns, and not keeping up with production on the models they already make?, id rather them make enough full size guns before they make commanders!

Pinball81

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Can anyone comment on the performance? Particularly vs. Kimber or Colt? (both more expensive 1911s, admittedly) Or vs. a Springfield? (more comparably priced) I would also like to pick one an SR1911 but have never fired one. Interested in any comments/opinions...

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    i work in kentucky, a guy i work with was in the store after the ruger days event, the lady yelled out, ruger 1911's unpacking now, so chris(the guy i work with) said can i see one? she said yes, he replied "i'll think about it" she replied back, "well dont think too long, we only got 30" so he bought it, the other 29 were gone that day!

now the question i have is? who did whitakers sell their soul to to get 30 sr1911's at one time?,(and that was not including the 30 they got for ruger days!) from what i hear, distributors dont get 30 at one time!

ive said it before, i love rugers, but i hate ruger at the same time, announcing new guns, and not keeping up with production on the models they already make?, id rather them make enough full size guns before they make commanders!

It keeps us fish on the line. Bigger profit in the plastic guns, the shops I have been too in the last couple days are full of plastic. :rolleyes: Two more stops today, then if no SR1911 they can keep them. :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I saw one at Bob's today (PSS) when I was looking at 1911's. They had a selection to coon finger. I came home with a sweet SA stainless loaded.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I swear there was some Ruger's in the case. I was debating on the S&W "E" series stainless but the loaded SA was hands down a much nicer piece.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In

Because Whitakers is one of the largest volume sellers in the country. The gun makers take care of him...especially Ruger.

FNRA Scott

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    East Central Indiana
    I'm just going to put this right here...

IMG_0003.jpg

haha. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I looked for a long time to find one at a price I was willing to pay. I gave up for a little while, but eventually was able to track down the elusive SR1911.

Thanks for posting the picture.
    I have ammo- just don't have a 45. If I get one, it will be THIS one. Just need to save my nickels, dimes and quarters.
    I didn't realize they were hard to get ahold of. I guess you need to be at the right place at the right time- WITH CASH!

Top Bottom