• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Have been wanting to get a 1911 for a while now. I think i got the only one at the 1500 a couple weeks ago. Finally got a chance to go to the range today......now I know what all the 1911 hype is about! That thing awesome to shoot. I didn't have any malfunctions in about 150 rounds and i was getting pretty good groupings out to 50 yards. I can't really compare to other 1911's as this is my first one but if anyone is considering one i would highly recommend it :yesway:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Was that all FMJ? I haven't had a 1911 since I had one about 20 years ago. The 2 I had would not feed JHP's reliably. I'd potentially be interested in one again. The Ruger is somewhat interesting to me as is the RIA, if they will feed a good variety of JHP's without issue.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Have been wanting to get a 1911 for a while now. I think i got the only one at the 1500 a couple weeks ago. Finally got a chance to go to the range today......now I know what all the 1911 hype is about! That thing awesome to shoot. I didn't have any malfunctions in about 150 rounds and i was getting pretty good groupings out to 50 yards. I can't really compare to other 1911's as this is my first one but if anyone is considering one i would highly recommend it :yesway:

That gun is on my wish list. Congratulations!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Just got a Sig Sauer 1911 TTT two tone with Nitron frame and SS Slide, Rosewood Grips, Target Sites, Match Trigger and Match Barrel. What a piece. It shoots like a dream and the quality and craftsmanship cannot be beat. Got it for way less than MSRP, like 300+ less. Forget the east asian stuff, buy a German-Austrian designed and built handgun and be done with it. You will be amazed. If American special forces choose Sig Sauer for their duty weapon, why wouldn't you. Check out the Sig and you will be absolutely amazed at the quality and fit and finish. Amazing.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    Forget the east asian stuff, buy a German-Austrian designed and built handgun and be done with it.

The SIG 1911 pistols are made in New Hampshire and the design is American to the core. And at 100 years old, the design of the 1911 pistol has been around longer than the modern incantations of Germany or Austria.

Further, most Sig guns sold in the US are made here. Never mind that Sig hardly has the corner on the Special Ops market in the US and none of the Special Ops users actually issue a Sig 1911.

Finally, the OP never mentioned any guns made in East Asia. He was talking about a gun made in the US.

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Been trying to build up the cash to buy one of them. A couple months of unemployment really screwed that up.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Been eyeballing this pistol since it was announced , has a lot of nice features for the price & Ruger ruggedness to back it up .Havent really heard any negatives about it yet .

cascadewalker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    I've been wanting one for awhile myself. There are a couple of reviews of it up on Hickok45's channel on YouTube. This is the latest:
    [ame]http://youtu.be/FG4X8Cyg3c8[/ame]

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I must say, there are definitely some things ruger does well.. One of them is recalls. Just waiting for it to be issued on this gun. I'm hoping against hope that they weren't able to screw up the 1911 design, but we will see.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Was that all FMJ? I haven't had a 1911 since I had one about 20 years ago. The 2 I had would not feed JHP's reliably. I'd potentially be interested in one again. The Ruger is somewhat interesting to me as is the RIA, if they will feed a good variety of JHP's without issue.

Yeah they were all FMJ's. I pretty much bought it just for a range gun so i don't think i'll ever put JHP's through it.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Uncle Rico
    Get a Colt

I think our friend Uncle Rico is posting valuable content by offering good advice, but I missed yours...:dunno:

Man I must have missed the part where anyone was asking for advice. Gee all I read was someone giving a review of an SR1911 they bought.

The more telling fact is that his comment was removed and mine wasn't. Run along now.

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    I'm planning on the SR1911 being my next pistol purchase but i have to wait until I have the spare change and then I will have to find one... so it may be a while.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yeah they were all FMJ's. I pretty much bought it just for a range gun so i don't think i'll ever put JHP's through it.

Thanks for the info. I have a friend looking at this, as well as the RIAs and a few other 1911's... plus I may be interested in one, after I pick up a few other items that are a bit higher on the want list.

Top Bottom