• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Got my HTA guardian recently, and I've shot it on 3 of my guns so far. Walther P22, Ruger Mk III, and S&W 15-22. The walther is by FAR quieter than the Ruger and Smith. Yes I've been using subs in all 3, but it seems as if the bolts on the ruger and smith are opening too soon and letting gasses escape. Honestly this surprised me, I've tried it wet, dry, and with differnt kinds of ammo, and the walther is universally quieter. Anyone have input?

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    I have noticed that on newer 22/45's the plastic frame to steel/aluminum upper receiver isn't a good fit on some, and they're loud. Normal Mark II's and III's seem good to go.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Hmm, that's interesting. I have a 22/45 Lite and a MKII with a pac-lite upper. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get outside with either of them (and with a suppressor) to compare them to my GSG 1911 or Sig Mosquito. I'm on month 9 of my transfer for my two HTA cans, so hopefully I'll get a chance to try them out as soon as the weather gets a bit nicer.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Maybe it has something to do with the barrel construction then. The pac lite has a tensioned barrel if I remember correctly, as does the P22. The GSG 1911 I've heard is a pretty quiet host, again with a tensioned barrel.

Top Bottom