• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    West side of Indy
    I bought a Ruger Mark III years ago, but didn’t realize it didn’t have any sights, so I’ve tried different pieces of glass, but none of the seem to be a good fit.

Anyone got any good ideas?

C1D1C0AB-BBB8-429B-AF1C-636335121594.jpg

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Wife runs an Opsrey global red dot on her Mark IV and loves it.
    2zz2e80.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The only ones I have seen that are worthy are the tiny RMRs that are almost as expensive as the gun.

All tube type red dots Ive seen are so wide they come close to interfering with the ejector port.

chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    West side of Indy
    The cost of one adds up quickly. That’s why I was curious of what people have tried. I’d be more likely to buy something that others like. Or I will at least do more research.

The only ones I have seen that are worthy are the tiny RMRs that are almost as expensive as the gun.

All tube type red dots Ive seen are so wide they come close to interfering with the ejector port.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    What model does she has? I’m glad to hear she loves it. I’d like to look into it more.

Its the Osprey Global RSMRQR reflex red dot with quick detach. We picked it up at a local gunshow. Think we paid $50 for it. She tried, and so did i, a Burris Fastfire reflex sight but with how small the sight is we had a hard time acquiring the red dot. Im not a fan of the "micro" red dots. Shes Probably put well over 3k rounds thru the Mark IV and really loves this sight. I dont shoot it much but it definitely serves the purpose well

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    View attachment 70242 My mk3 with a weaver mrds. Can be had for $55 on amazon I believe. It isn't an rmr or delta. It does the job on my mk3.I did have "tighten" the battery to get it to work properly. I have 2-3k rounds through it with the weaver installed and tweaked. zero issues. no zero shift. I love this set up and won't go to the range without it.

chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    West side of Indy
    Oh wow...that's super affordable. Looks really light weight to. The Bushnell I have is just hefty and a little awkward for a small gun.

View attachment 70242 My mk3 with a weaver mrds. Can be had for $55 on amazon I believe. It isn't an rmr or delta. It does the job on my mk3.I did have "tighten" the battery to get it to work properly. I have 2-3k rounds through it with the weaver installed and tweaked. zero issues. no zero shift. I love this set up and won't go to the range without it.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I use a cmore railway on one of mine, and a cheep 40.00 aim sports modern warfare edition on the other, the cmore sits on a tacsol pac lite upper, and the other is a standard 5.5 inch heavy barrel.

the aim sports I got from cdnn, and was great on my 10/22(before I put a vortex venom on it) and on my 5.5 in factory barrel (I had 2 of the sights) and they were great for bowling pin or steel challenge(the skull image covered the bottom of the pin perfectly, and the smiley face covers steel plates), when I got the pac lite I moved the sight to it, and less than 200 rounds later (in the middle of a steel challenge side match!) the reticle moved to the upper right corner and stuck there! (luckily I had a second upper with a sight on it to finish the match). it was a good sight, I just think it couldn't stand the recoil on a aluminum upper vs a steel upper

i think that the 8moa dot on the cmore is perfect for pins, and steel challenge, in fact i was 10th overall out of 55, and won my class rimfire pistol optics (13 total shooters) the 9 who beat me were shooting carbines

the aim sports
    https://www.cdnnsports.com/aim-sports-warfare-edition-reflex-sight.html#.W5-yruSouUk

the cmore
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2...t-with-integral-picatinny-mount-polymer-matte

next year I plan on buying another cmore to put on my 10/22 I use that for steel and pins also (I bought the cmore from midway usa on my birthday and I had a 5% discount and free shipping)

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I've run both a Primary Arms micro-dot and a Burris Fast Fire II on my MK II 22/45. Both performed quite well.

With the micro-dot, I mounted it a bit forward to help with balance. I have the FFII back a bit further. It's so light, it doesn't interfere with balance.

Top Bottom