• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Gander Mountains Black Friday ad has been leaked and they are selling the LCP for 299.99 also, though they probably wont have very many. The sale starts on Nov.28 3pm-9pm. I tried posting a link but the website which I got it from has taken it down at the request of gander mountain. You might be able to find it on another site if you google Black Friday ads.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The LCP hype is over, give it two months and the bottom will fall out on those little pocket guns

I can't wait for that to happen. Just imagine, an LCP for every member of the family!!!

I like the way you think sir!

Maybe my LCP can have his cousins move in with us:
    deadmanslcpec1.jpg

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I am planning on buying one for my mom. I convinced her to get her permit in CT (nra basic pistol + hassle & waiting at the police station).

She purchased a Glock 19 in June and loves going to the range. My dad tags along with her sometimes, and I wish I lived close so that we could shoot together. She came out to visit a few weeks back and she had a great time trying my pistols.

I think it would be really neat to get her a gift that she will really enjoy and that could save her life one day.

Thanks for the linkage.

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    I have seen them at 289.99 last week. Columbus Pawn has a handful or more new guns in stock, and this was one of them.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    How does the Taurus TCP compare to the Ruger LCP

Has anyone shot the new Taurus TCP? They are supposed to compete with the Ruger LCP. They weight 10.oz and carry 6+1. They price out about the same. Guns and Ammo December issue has a nice review of this Taurus and rate it pretty high. Of course these are also on back order with everyone.

I think the .380 ammo is more available now so the little .380's will remain popular for another six months or so. :twocents:

Last edited:

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A friend of mine just bought one used (but never fired) for $500. It had the laser attachment and a couple extra mags. Thought it was a little high, but he's happy.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Has anyone shot the new Taurus TCP? They are supposed to compete with the Ruger LCP. They weight 10.oz and carry 6+1. They price out about the same.

There are actually 3 different variations of that gun, only one of which weighs in at that weight. The one to which you refer is the TITANIUM slide model, it will likely retail for more than the LCP. The steel slide variants will likely be just under the LPC and more in the price range of the Kel Tec pistols. I'd like to try the little Taurus guns but have not yet laid my hands on any of the variants. I've got both the Ruger and the Kel Tec brands and find them to be basically interchangeable guns in my pocket. The Ruger looks a bit nicer but is no more functional. The Taurus, to my eye, also looks better than the Kel Tec, still, when it comes to function, they probably all will be about the same.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    .380 is out there if you look hard

$299 for the gun and $60 per box of ammo, WHEN you can find it. No thanx:) I already have a .380 that I can't afford to shoot. It sits right beside the .25 that ammo averages $5 more per box for than my .40s, .45, .44mag, .357s..........

You need .380 ammo Indy Trading Post has it. I don't know where you see $60 a box ammo. I sold ten boxes to INGo member a couple months ago for less than $190. I had it listed for almost a week before anyone said they wanted it so it can't be that valuable. I agree it is scarce but it is out there.

jpo117

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I tried holding one of these and it was just too small for my hand. I know a guy who is looking to buy a P3AT, though, so I'll have to pass along the info to him in case he wants to compare.

anifong

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Marshall County, IN
    I think this is the same price Cabela's had them for when I picked up mine. I went ahead and got the package with the holster, rug and extra mag for $349. Made it convenient to be able to carry it right away and not have to go holster shopping first.

LCPer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got mine at the Indy 1500 for $300 including tax. If I figured right that's $280.37 + tax. I have been buying 380 ammo for about $23/box of 50 90 gr JHP. Kinda steep but what isn't these days (gas,milk, taters etc).:dunno:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmund Burke (12 January 1729 – 9 July 1797)

Top Bottom