• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    364L.jpg

I was looking into buying an easily concealed firearm and I saw this one in a magazine. Does anyone have one or have used it in the past? I don't have a lot of extra cash and this is why I was drawn to this.

Ruger LCP: .380 AutoCenterfire AutoloadingPistol (LCP) Overview

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I have carried and used the Kel Tel P3AT that's quite similar and I liked it a lot. I got rid of it for a PF9 because I wanted a bigger caliber.

People say it's unpleasant to shoot because of the recoil and such, but I liked it. It even shot a little flame out!

If you are strapped for cash, look for the Kel Tec P3AT. Bradis had them at $260 brand new in box.

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I have a P3AT, and my dad has got a Ruger. His was smoother out of the box, I had to do a fluff and buff on mine, as well as a bit of polishing and deburring.

Just make sure to try several brands of ammo to see what feed reliably. .380s can be finicky sometimes. It's getting hard to find quality HPs in .380 now that the Ruger has been released, people are buying up my Gold Dots.

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I found it hard to hold on to. Its not real fun to shoot but it could save your life. There is much debate about stopping power of the .380 though. Don't try to aim it, the sights are terrible. Crimson Trace is almost a must for anything past 10 feet.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    You were drawn to a fine little firearm.

I love my LCP and it goes everywhere with me, even when I carry a larger caliber weapon. You will find that it is a lot more accurate than the size would indicate... In fact, I was just speaking with Todd G. at pistol-training.com, and he has been showing his students how to hit a plate at 75-YARDS with an LCP. Yikes! I can only dream of ever becoming that good. Although his years of shooting competitively for companies like Sig Sauer sure didn't hurt.

My constant companion:
    deadmanslcpec1.jpg

I do recommend getting the Pierce magazine extensions (shown above) to make the LCP easier to hold. They are better than the extensions provided by Ruger, and don't put undue stress on the magazine during recoil.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    In fact, I was just speaking with Todd G. at pistol-training.com, and he has been showing his students how to hit a plate at 75-YARDS with an LCP.
    That is some good shooting. I have been able to keep 3 inch groups at 25 yards when not shooting at self-defense speed. It is as accurate as you shoot it. As the gun gets smaller, bad trigger discipline multiplies the error you see. I recommend the +1 extension on the magazine. Very little difference in concealability to all the other good finger extensions, but with an extra round.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine

I love my LCP and it goes everywhere with me, even when I carry a larger caliber weapon. You will find that it is a lot more accurate than the size would indicate... In fact, I was just speaking with Todd G. at pistol-training.com, and he has been showing his students how to hit a plate at 75-YARDS with an LCP. Yikes! I can only dream of ever becoming that good. Although his years of shooting competitively for companies like Sig Sauer sure didn't hurt.

My constant companion:
    deadmanslcpec1.jpg

I do recommend getting the Pierce magazine extensions (shown above) to make the LCP easier to hold. They are better than the extensions provided by Ruger, and don't put undue stress on the magazine during recoil.

Aces and Eights lol nice, made me chuckle a bit thanks! :D

ARdysfunction

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Indy West Side
    I only have a couple of boxes through mine but I really like it so far.

I also own the KelTec P32, not the same caliber, but very similar in many ways. So far I perfer the Ruger. I am finding the LCP to be more accurate. It has a slightly better trigger out of the box and just feels better built. The KelTec served it pourpse it went bang when I pulled the trigger. I did expericanced one or two FTF's with the P32 pre fluff and buff. Not so with the LCP.

Either one would be a fine purchase. If it were me I would go for the Ruger.

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    I love mine. I carry it in a wallet style holster. It is very easy to conceal. It does bark though! But with the leather holster I bought off ebay I can have it out and in an attackers direction in a fraction of a second. I keep round balls in it due to it being small caliber and I want to insure penatration. Without the laser it's god at 15 feet. But I bought it with the understanding that it would play it's part in a close self defense situation. I've put 100 rounds through it on 2 occasions. It'll get it done.

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville

My constant companion:
    deadmanslcpec1.jpg

That is a really cool picture!

I didn't mean for my post to sound so negative towards it. I think I would have like it a lot more with the mag extension. When I shot it, I just couldn't hold on to it.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine

maxcoen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    North Side
    Great little gun have had mine for a month now. About 300 rounds through it. Love it! Not a range gun. I would also recommend Crimson Trace.

jburns89

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    New Castle, IN

My constant companion:
    deadmanslcpec1.jpg

Awesome pic....

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom