• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EODFXSTI

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2020
    Morgan County
    Does anyone on here near Morgan County have the little special bit to remove the extractor from the cylinder on a Ruger GP 100? I would hate to have to buy one for one time use. Thanks in advance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2022
    Ind
    Have you tried any of the local gun shops around you? Not sure where you are but I would assume they would be able to help. Might have to set up a certain time to go in but it's worth a go.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I bought one years ago and it was nothing but a pair of large tweezers (like kids handle bugs with in science class) that were ground to points and one leg was bent at a 90 degree angle overlapping the other leg.

It was pretty expensive but worked like a charm. Once I saw it my first thought was I could have made it with nothing but a Dremmel tool for a lot less. I no longer have it or I would help you out,

EODFXSTI

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2020
    Morgan County
    Have you tried any of the local gun shops around you? Not sure where you are but I would assume they would be able to help. Might have to set up a certain time to go in but it's worth a go.
    Yeah, went to most gunsmith's in my area. Some knew more than me until they saw it but none had the right tool. One even I'd he would order it sometime but I did not wait. Thanks for the advice though

EODFXSTI

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2020
    Morgan County
    I bought one years ago and it was nothing but a pair of large tweezers (like kids handle bugs with in science class) that were ground to points and one leg was bent at a 90 degree angle overlapping the other leg.

It was pretty expensive but worked like a charm. Once I saw it my first thought was I could have made it with nothing but a Dremmel tool for a lot less. I no longer have it or I would help you out,
    It was really for a project. I bought a cheap screwdriver from RK and ground it out but I think it was loctited(?) in. I ended up just cutting it as I did not really need it for my project. I appreciate the help for sure. Thanks!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2022
    Ind
    It was worth a shot. I would have to look up the price so see what 'expensive' means in relation to the part you need. Might be a sound investment. Also would open you up to aiding others if needed. If you need a valid argument for the old lady, using the term 'investment' always seems to help a bit.

EODFXSTI

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2020
    Morgan County
    It was worth a shot. I would have to look up the price so see what 'expensive' means in relation to the part you need. Might be a sound investment. Also would open you up to aiding others if needed. If you need a valid argument for the old lady, using the term 'investment' always seems to help a bit.
    I don't think that was to me

EODFXSTI

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2020
    Morgan County
    For a one time use, I would find a picture of it and then make my own.

Just curious, why do you need to remove it?
    I bought the cylinder to slice to make a belt buckle out of it. I could not find one I liked online so I figured I'd I would be crafty and make my own. I do not need the extractor to function for that. I did try to make my own out of a cheap screwdriver but it must have had threadlocker on it and I could not get enough leverage without goobering it all up

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I bought the cylinder to slice to make a belt buckle out of it. I could not find one I liked online so I figured I'd I would be crafty and make my own. I do not need the extractor to function for that. I did try to make my own out of a cheap screwdriver but it must have had threadlocker on it and I could not get enough leverage without goobering it all up
    Is it left hand thread?

Top Bottom