• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Can anyone tell me if they still make the Ruger 9mm Carbine or the Marlin Camp 9. Can you tell me the likes and dislikes.

Thanks
    Littlejoe

I believe neither one is still made but can be occasionally found used for sale. I have the Ruger in 40 and the Marlin in 45. I like them both.

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    nope

Neither are in production. I have seen a few rugers still new in the box online and one show. The camp 9 will be used. You can find them if you look. both have nice features one of with is using the manufacutes pistol mags. I was looking for one of either and then found a beretta storm and bought instead. good luck on your hunt.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yep..what the others have said.

They're no longer made, but they do turn up, occaisonally, in pawn shops and in the used sections of Toy Stores.

I've seen TWO of the above asked-about carbines. Can't remember now which make they were, but one had been spray-painted (poorly) and had a beat-up stock. The other was in GREAT condition and even had a decent price on it at Gander Mountain in Terre Haute.

Keep your eyes open, you may very well come across one.

-J-

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Several years ago, Lone Wolf had some Ruger PC9s and 40s converted to take Glock mags. Those were slick; I wish I'd bought one when we had them in the shop.

Assuming stock guns in equal condition, I'd probably take the Marlin; it's lighter than the Ruger, has a better trigger pull, and is a little more versatile when it comes to stock and optics options. S&W 59 Series mags are also more plentiful and a little cheaper than the Ruger P Series.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    OUT of production for several years. They are fun guns. I have a Camp 9 in my collection. Nice in that it will share the same magazines that the S&W 59xx series pistol use.

PRICES FOR USED "CAMP" GUNS HAVE CLIMBED DRAMATICALLY and they seem to be selling quickly on the auction sites. Expect to pay $400 to $525 for a Camp 9, depending on variation (plain or checkered stock), condition, scope (if any), size of magazine (if included). Expect to pay $450 to $600 for a Camp 45.

These guns have ALWAYS been popular on the used market, they are even more popular now. Can be every bit as useful as a "tactical" pistol caliber carbine but without the threatening look that some people find to be politically incorrect. Many consider these to be "wolves in sheeps clothing."

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    CNI in Crown Point has a Camp 9 for sale on the used gun rack. The price was about $485 if I recall correctly. It included a scope and an extended capacity (30 round?) magazine and was the more deluxe model with the checkered stock. There were a few scratches on the stock.

Top Bottom