• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    that sounds fun but you cant do that at atterbury LOL...the rangemaster heads would explode :D
    I think I can help.....

1. Get some of these and install them. Ruger® 10/22 Rifle - adjustable aperture sights

2. Get some of these Sure Site, Inc.

3. Grab a big box of clay targets.

4. Stretch a piece of 3/8inch rope between two solid objects 100 yards from your shooting line. Hang clay targets and blast away (using no bench rest...prone or sitting).

5. Enjoy.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I myself have found the 10/22's boring to shoot. I'm only a year into this addiction, but have found myself with 2 10/22's a regular carbine and a takedown. I put tech sights on the regular one not too long ago, but I just don't enjoy shooting a semi auto rifle as much as I do a bolt gun or pump shotgun. I think it has something to do with actually being involved with the gun more. I do enjoy emptying bx-25s, but ammo is too scarce to do that right now....

Jon

SILVERBACK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    MONROVIA
    :alcoholic:Been tipp'in back a little bit of grandpaws ole cough syrup have ya? I can relate to you, but I get that way with all my rimfires. Small bullit need smaller targets to keep the challenge up. Rimfire guns have no replacement for large centerfire noise & recoil, 500 rds of 22 , might be satisfied for the day of shooting, 20 3'' mag slugs out of my 870 and I'm happier than a fat kid eating cake.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have one and it is pretty boring to plink with when there is other pieces that go "Boom" in the safe. It is cheap to shoot, accurate and the kids love it so I think I'll keep it.
    I also had the barrel threaded. Go figure.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    the m and p 15-22 is much more fun to shoot....my son wont put that down ,,but wont shoot more than a mag through this thing....i guess if he liked it then i would like it better

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    I have one and it is pretty boring to plink with when there is other pieces that go "Boom" in the safe. It is cheap to shoot, accurate and the kids love it so I think I'll keep it.
    I also had the barrel threaded. Go figure.

Threaded barrel, there ya go! Upping the "fun" factor the OP might not have considered.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I am buying a Henry Lever Action .22 in an attempt to make .22 fun to shoot..

The clay targets idea sounds almost as good as cake(I'm a fat kid)..but as one person said...Atterbury won't let you do that nor will my other range I go to on occasion.

downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    Well yes they can be boring to shoot. But nothing makes you son happier than getting to shoot with dad. This is the reason I keep my 10/22 around, bonding moment my boy, bonding moments last a life time. BTW, so do 10/22's

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I enjoy my bolt action Savage more too... I also have a Model 64, 597 and 10/22 and the family loves them all.

Take your son, the 10/22 and the 15-22 and sign up for an Appleseed.

Top Bottom