WTS: RRA Complete 16" 9mm Carbine w/mag(s), options. Pics.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    Very lightly used complete 9mm carbine, ready to load and shoot.

The barrel and upper have a total of 30 rounds of WWB 115gr 9mm through them to function test and sight in, I've had this bolt carrier and magblock longer and they show some wear but they're both in great shape. The lower has low mileage. This rifle balances well and feels very solid.

Lower half specs:
    Rock River Arms LAR-15 complete receiver, safe/fire marked with 5.56mm as the caliber marking.
    MagPul Aluminum trigger guard.
    A2 grip.
    Unmarked MILspec M4 style buttstock, with 6-position MILspec tube.
    Aluminum and steel topload 9mm mag adapter block.
    RRA 9mm specific hammer.
    Counterweight 5.5oz 9mm buffer.

Upper half specs:
    Rock River Arms T-marked slick-side dedicated 9mm flattop upper, with 3/4 length port door and 9mm brass deflector.
    RRA 16" 9mm barrel, Gov't profile, with FSB pinned in midlength position. Factory threaded 1/2-36. Marked "RRA 9mm Luger 1/10 CM".
    9mm bolt carrier.
    Standard charging handle.
    Fat midlength handguards.
    UTG removable rear sight.
    1/2-36 threaded A1 flash suppressor.
    Front sling swivel is included and installed.

Magazine specs:
    32rd converted surplus UZI mag, one included. Mag catch slot was added by a machinist with a Bridgeport, not some kids with a dremel.

The magazine adapter block is removable if you want to use this lower with a different caliber upper, it's simply removed from the top when the upper and lower receivers are separated.

The price for this complete rifle and magazine is [STRIKE]$1700[/STRIKE] $1500 cash in person, I'm in the Carmel/Westfield area. I can also ship this if you're outside the area.

Communication via PM is best, and an "I'll take it" posted in the thread overpowers any negotiations in progress.
    (this is cross-posted on another forum)

I have some options if the buyer wants, shown in the last 2 pictures. These will only be sold along with the rifle, or available separately after the rifle sells if the buyer doesn't want them. Here's a list:

Additional 32rd magazine, 1 available: $30.
    Standard carbine buffer and AR notched hammer: $30.
    ProMag polymer magblock. This fit more snugly than I'd want, and didn't allow the mags to drop free. It could probably be made to work: $40.
    MagPul furniture set with MOE MILspec stock and midlength handguards, MIAD grip, and MVG vertical grip: $100.

Thanks!

Pics:
    IMG_4073_zpsca8ad2a8.jpg

IMG_4072_zps94b32e77.jpg

IMG_4074_zpse554caf2.jpg

IMG_4075_zpse6d0fd18.jpg

IMG_4076_zps21c26b31.jpg

IMG_4077_zps4212098e.jpg

IMG_4084_zpsff628872.jpg

Optional stuff:
    IMG_4079_zps45ec48e1.jpg

IMG_4080_zps03c2393f.jpg

Last edited:

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    Still available.

[STRIKE]May consider partial trade of a Ruger LCR revolver in any of the available calibers (.22lr, .22mag, .38, .357), or possibly a .22lr semiauto pistol.
    [/STRIKE]

Thanks!

Last edited:

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    I could maybe be talked into swapping the furniture for the MagPul furniture or including the second magazine, if it would facilitate an easy sale.

[edit:]
    IMG_4116_zps67417c53.jpg

Last edited:

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    If you are willing to separate the barrel and bolt carrier, I would be interested in buying those.

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    I'm not looking to part this out. I'd consider selling the complete upper and magblock along with a magazine, but otherwise I'm going to keep it complete.
    (I appreciate the interest, midget, I sent you an PM.)

I've got no problem selling it with the pictured MagPul furniture instead of the standard furniture shown in the opening post, and considering it a "free upgrade" to the buyer. :) Basically the buyer can have their choice of furniture.

If the price is still just a little more than you want to see, I can also swap out the slickside 9mm upper receiver with port door and deflector, for a DPMS Lo-Pro upper that I've got here, and knock $100 off to make this rifle $1400. It's basically a slickside upper with no port door or deflector, and it'll work fine with 9mm. It looks like this:

l_231015111_1.jpg

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    Final bump for this ad, if the rifle doesn't sell this week in its current configuration I'll either be swapping some parts around or just keeping it (I do like it! :))

I've put some thought into splitting it in half and keeping the lower for a different project, here's how that would work:

Complete upper (barrel, upper, bolt carrier, charging handle, etc).
    Choice of handguards, standard or MagPul.
    UTG rear sight.
    9mm counterweight buffer.
    Mag Block.
    One magazine.
    $1000- either shipped or FTF, either way same price.
    So basically it's everything you need to convert your standard lower to shoot 9mm instead.

Thanks!

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom