• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dino Bravo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 20, 2015
    Cumberland
    Has anyone else tried this new Roundup? It's supposed to kill dandelions and not grass. I sprayed the dandelions Sunday morning and so far they're still yellow, not even fazed.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I am not so sure that is safe for your grass. There was a guy north of here that killed his entire lawn last year with that stuff.

I also wouldn't spray my lawn with it if you have children that play in the yard or pets that would be walking in it.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Has anyone else tried this new Roundup? It's supposed to kill dandelions and not grass. I sprayed the dandelions Sunday morning and so far they're still yellow, not even fazed.

If you ask me it is a stupid labeling problem. The active ingredients are Completely different from "RoundUp" I can see homeowners grabbing the original RoundUp bottle and spraying their broadleaf weeds and end up killing the whole lawn. Basically this products kills everything except perennial grass. BTW, I wouldn't expect to see much change in the plants yet with the actives that are in this product. MCPA and Dicamba are growth regulators which means that the plant kind of "grows itself to death" Wait a couple more days and I bet you will see them curling.

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    If you ask me it is a stupid labeling problem. The active ingredients are Completely different from "RoundUp" I can see homeowners grabbing the original RoundUp bottle and spraying there broadleaf weeds and end up killing the whole lawn. Basically this products kills everything except perennial grass. BTW, I wouldn't expect to see much change in the plants yet with the actives that are in this product. MCPA and Dicamba are growth regulators which means that the plant kind of "grows itself to death" Wait a couple more days and I bet you will see them curling.

I didn't know there was a "new" Roundup...this explains what happened to the guy I referenced above.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    After seeing the commercial on local TV I looked in Menards last evening for the new Roundup For Lawns and did not find it. Thought at the time it was because "Well it was Menards". Did a search this morning and read that it is for southern lawns only, which then led me to believe it wouldn't even be available in the northern IN market. Anyone care to shed some light on that?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I want to know what ya'll have against dandelions. They are pretty and make great wine! I never seem to have enough here. I want to make wine like my friends do but don't have enough dandelions and don't want to risk picking them somewhere where they may have been sprayed with something.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I want to know what ya'll have against dandelions. They are pretty and make great wine! I never seem to have enough here. I want to make wine like my friends do but don't have enough dandelions and don't want to risk picking them somewhere where they may have been sprayed with something.

Same with chickweed, it is nice in a salad.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Currently, if it's green, it qualifies as lawn at my house. I'm way too cheap to spray stuff that cost money on something I'm already paying to chop off weekly. Darned silliness. The moles do a fine job of killing grubs and aerating the soil and I like the pretty little dandelions and violets.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Whew...I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes those little beauties showing up and telling me it's spring. Purslane is another one I like...great to snack on while weeding or add to my salad.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I don't like weeds either....but holy geez that's some power trippy, totalitarian stuff right there....voluntarily.

Requires seems like a strong word to me...wow. How do they possibly define a weed? After all, a weed is just a misplaced plant and some things I consider weeds are sold at the greenhouse as perennials.

Top Bottom