• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I tend to rotate my EDC blades (and other EDC gear as well) based on my daily agenda, does anyone else do this? Example- I don't carry my bushcraft knife to town on my shopping days, nor do I only carry a Case Peanut on my farm work/fence checking days.

Your thoughts, examples, ideas, etc., edc....

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    I rotate my line-up depending on where I am going and what I might be wearing. Like you pointed out, I don't carry a big knife if I am going to the store, but I don't take my little pocket knife with me into the woods either.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I tend to rotate my EDC blades (and other EDC gear as well) based on my daily agenda, does anyone else do this? Example- I don't carry my bushcraft knife to town on my shopping days, nor do I only carry a Case Peanut on my farm work/fence checking days.

Your thoughts, examples, ideas, etc., edc....

same here, can't argue with logic.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    well... i avoid rotating knives... those things are SHARP!!! unless they are made by cold steal or brad duncan......... :)

HA! BAM!

yes. i rotate between: Strider Badlands SMF, Begg MIG, Zermeno MiniSaigo, Krein Hydra, Strider DB, Grayman Suenami, or one of my blades.

all depends on my mood and my job for the day.... and a few other factors.....

bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Consistency does count for alot. All of my SD knives are tip-up and are carried in the same spot for similar, if not exactly the same, deployment. Also, my weapon retention blade is carried IWB on my off-hand side in case I have to grapple for weapon control.

My actual point in the thread was- do you match your daily routine to your equipment? Do you have a standard load and just add gear in an as needed basis? Do you try to pack for any eventuality?

Me- I match my gear to my schedule. I do many different things on a daily and weekly basis, so I have my gear on me plus backup gear/heavy duty gear in a BOB that stays with my vehicle.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I carry the same knife in the same place every day. Consistency matters and I'm boring.

this is true. i am a 100% to this rule 100% of the time, for my gun. unless forced into "off the body" carry, like inside a pack or something similiar (or outdoors using a POK).

for knives, i mix it up, unless carried as a mainline defensive weapon (like a fixed blade).... i know some will chastise me.... my folders are always in the same spot, and 99% of them deploy the same. BUT that is not anywhere near BEING the same.

and if i don't carry all my knives, Wife will sell them and have her a horse in 2 seconds FLAT!

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    I do rotate some of my EDC knives, however my SD knives do not change and do not change location either. I carry 99.9999% of the time of CRK Sebenza in pancake sheath that is a secondary defense knife, it is always there if I wear a belt. My other folders change like when I go to the gym, or I am just working around the house. At work I also EDC a fixed blade that also doubles for SD. I need to get it to Joe to make a different sheath so I can carry it different places.

Top Bottom