• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I have a Rossi 22lr revolver, that is about three years old. It has between 4500 and 5000
    rounds through it. I have had no problems with it what so ever, that was not directly ammo
    related. Because of this good history, I am thinking of buying a Rossi R35202 38 snub nose.
    I understand it is a budget gun, but I am retired and my gun money is at a minimum.
    I have checked reviews, and they are all over the place. Some very good, some very bad.
    I am concerned about the hammer mounted firing pin on the 38, which is not used on my
    22lr pistol.
    The bad and good reviews that I can find, are usually three to five years old or older.
    I was hoping that someone on this site, may have recent experience with either the
    Rossi 38 snub nose, or the 357. If so, I would be interested in any feed back.
    Thought I would give it a try.
    Thanks

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I have owned 2 Rossi .38s, a 3" blue and a 2" stainless. Both were 100% reliable, and were adopted by 2 of my daughters. These were late 70s- early 80s model revolvers, so may not really help if you're considering a new model..

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    Taurus purchased the rights and equipment to manufacture Rossi revolvers in 1997. The Taurus production has had problems but their customer service is usually good.

Centerfire Systems has Taurus revolvers for a little less than a comparable Rossi.

Handguns - Taurus

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Last edited:

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    Owned a couple Rossi handguns. 1 was ok. 1 had timing problems. I would rather own a used S&W with a little finish wear, than a new Rossi. Just my personal opinion.

Top Bottom