• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    “I never read that stuff. I was probably aware of it ten years after it was written and it’s been going on 20 years that people have pestered me about this and CNN does it every single time. So when are you going to wear yourself out?”

"I didn’t write them. didn’t read them at the time and I disavow them. That is your answer.”

“He thinks it’s been asked and answered…It’s clearly a question he’d rather not be asked.”

I mark it as a good sign when the press has to go back to the time of my childhood to find fake dirt on a candidate I support.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    "I didn’t write them. didn’t read them at the time and I disavow them. That is your answer."

"It's legitimate, it’s legitimate. These things are pretty incendiary."

If he didn't write them, how does their incendiarism enter into it? That's like convicting a person of rape because the crime is serious.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    the hell? Its crap like this that gives me mixed feelings on going into journalism... on the one hand, i'm going to be associated with crap like this, but on the other hand, I can try to end crap like this when and where I see it.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Would you have? :dunno:
    It's not my job....
    I'm not running for President of the most powerful nation the World has ever known.
    He is!
    And he'd better come up with a grown up strategy rather than taking his ball, and bat, and going home, when he's being pressed for answers to difficult questions. :noway:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    It's not my job....
    I'm not running for President of the most powerful nation the World has ever known.
    He is!
    And he'd better come up with a grown up strategy rather than taking his ball, and bat, and going home, when he's being pressed for answers to difficult questions. :noway:

He answered the exact same question twice in a single interview, he answered it fully and he did well. I'm glad he walked out instead of answering the same question for a third time.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    He answered the exact same question twice in a single interview, he answered it fully and he did well. I'm glad he walked out instead of answering the same question for a third time.
    A trait of a good politician is to have the perseverance to stay in the fight and answer all questions in a forthright manner.
    He did neither......:dunno:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I don't blame him and it may be a good strategy. It's certainly not a traditional strategy.

I think he's missing a boat, though. If you look at some of the people who rose up suddenly and hit the public consciousness, it was because they spoke straightforward and put people in their place.

Oliver North became famous and popular for a time because he spoke so straight and hard to Congress. Jessie Ventura got improbably elected because he was so straightforward.

I think Paul could have made hay here if he'd have put it to her rather than walk off. Again, though, walking off may turn out to be a good strategy. It certainly breaks the pattern.

I suspect, though, that now lots of these folks will be trying to get him to walk off. He may have just ensured he gets asked this a lot more.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

how is a question that he has already answered multiple times a difficult question? the only thing that changes the difficulty is the difficulty in not getting angry.

how does a question increase in difficulty as it gets repeated?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I don't blame him and it may be a good strategy. It's certainly not a traditional strategy.

I think he's missing a boat, though. If you look at some of the people who rose up suddenly and hit the public consciousness, it was because they spoke straightforward and put people in their place.

Oliver North became famous and popular for a time because he spoke so straight and hard to Congress. Jessie Ventura got improbably elected because he was so straightforward.

I think Paul could have made hay here if he'd have put it to her rather than walk off. Again, though, walking off may turn out to be a good strategy. It certainly breaks the pattern.

I suspect, though, that now lots of these folks will be trying to get him to walk off. He may have just ensured he gets asked this a lot more.
    He's shown the MSM where his goat's tied, and how to put a chink in his armor.
    That question will be asked time, and time again, and he will be forced to either expound on the issue, or run away again.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Yeah...there's your problem. It's not a difficult question. He's answered it quite succinctly. If the press doesn't believe him & wants more answers, it's their job to dig for them...not to keep vomiting stupid questions at his feet.
    It appears difficult enough that he doesn't want to discuss it with The Media.
    I'd say he'd better get used to walking away from interviews because that question will pop up regularly now.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    It feels so much better when they lie to your face and flip-flop like "a good politician."

:lmfao:

I do prefer my politicians to give a different answer to the exact same question every time they're asked. It shows they're a master of thinking on their feet and giving the answer that is wanted. There is nothing better in a candidate than their ability to flip-flop (but is it actually a flip-flop if their previous answers were total BS and they can't remember so they just blurt something out?) or consistently lie about everything they're asked.

Top Bottom