• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Even if people disagree with RP on specific issue, usually the trump is that dispite politcal differences we can't afford the spending as a nation anyway.

The problem I see is that both Democrats and Republicans have pet projects they will not step away from. Each would spend us into oblivion, chanting excuses all day long. Each would blame only the other rather than face their part of the responsibility. They squander on different things, but they squander none the less.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Here's my crystal ball prediction for the 2012 elections.

We have ONE repub candidate who has bulldozed a line in the sand on what his beliefs are months in advance of the primaries knowing full well that it will alienate many voters. The rest of the repubs will spout wishy washy sweet nothings in the ear of every voter in hopes of alienating no one.

All during the lead up to the primary votes, "conservatives" will call the one repub candidate, a loon, moon bat, unelectable, etc and cheer on their favorite say nothing, do nothing candidate.

The one who actually stands for what we need to fix this country will lose and the repub with the best hair and whispers the sweetest will win the primaries. The winner will spend the next several months trying to out democrat the democrat. Come election day, Bush 2.0 will extend his 4 year lease on the white house or Bush 3.0 will come in and take over where 2.0 left off.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If this were remotely true why is Paul the only politician with a consistant record. If it's that easy to stand up for the constitution and balanced budgets please show me another politician on either side who has managed to have such a consistant record. I'm not trying to be a wise guy, I'd genuinely like to know if there's another one out there.

Exactly. When a man shows up who is willing to do what is needed, the cynicism starts and the lack of belief does too... what a shame... and a lot of hot air and hot keyboards.

You both are missing my point. I'm not questioning Paul's integrity. I'm saying he can't have his cake and eat it too.

If he remains true to the Constitution and vetoes every piece of legislation that violates it, he will lose the support of Congress and they will refuse to pass the legislation he needs to fulfill parts of his plan. If he keeps that in mind and makes nice with Congress he will necessarily have to sign legislation that he might otherwise oppose.

Read my post again: it's easy to vote your principle when you don't hold all responsibility for the outcome, when your vote isn't the one where the buck stops, when it probably doesn't count inasmuch as voting the other way probably wouldn't have had any effect on the end result.

I may be full of hot air (you ain't seeing any of it in this post) but at least my reading comprehension doesn't need a refresher course.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Here's my crystal ball prediction for the 2012 elections.

We have ONE repub candidate who has bulldozed a line in the sand on what his beliefs are months in advance of the primaries knowing full well that it will alienate many voters. The rest of the repubs will spout wishy washy sweet nothings in the ear of every voter in hopes of alienating no one.

All during the lead up to the primary votes, "conservatives" will call the one repub candidate, a loon, moon bat, unelectable, etc and cheer on their favorite say nothing, do nothing candidate.

The one who actually stands for what we need to fix this country will lose and the repub with the best hair and whispers the sweetest will win the primaries. The winner will spend the next several months trying to out democrat the democrat. Come election day, Bush 2.0 will extend his 4 year lease on the white house or Bush 3.0 will come in and take over where 2.0 left off.

Is this official? Are you backing of your previous guarantee that the Kenyan would win?

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I think the Hawaiian who the tin-foil-hat crowd keeps saying is a Kenyan even though Hawaii finally released his bound-book birth certificate will win because the Republicans will nominate a party-line hack, much like last time.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Is this official? Are you backing of your previous guarantee that the Kenyan would win?

I for one will never fall for that again, the whole your going to waste your vote :poop: every single one of us who has ever swallowed that :poop: in the past has done exactly that wasted our vote by not voting our conscience. I say stop listening to the status quot, I say stand up and do what is right and accept no less. Doing so is what got us in this mess in the first place...

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I for one will never fall for that again, the whole your going to waste your vote :poop: every single one of us who has ever swallowed that :poop: in the past has done exactly that wasted our vote by not voting our conscience.
    I admittedly like Paul, but I will vote against Obama unless Romney or Perry wins the nomination. If the Republican nomination is either Romney or Perry against Obama I'll be writing in a vote for my German Shepherd.

Last edited:

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    Ron Paul seems like the obvious best choice. Regardless of gets the nod Ron Paul will get my vote.

Pyroponce

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    South Bend
    Just skimmed Dr. Paul's proposal. Looks a hell of a lot better than I imagined (for the time being), and I just may vote for him; however, it looks like he's cancelling food stamps. Better keep preppin', folks...it's gonna be war :ar15:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Taking an axe to Bush's Frankenstein monster

If you don't want to spend your lifetime watching Federal checkpoints creep across America where you and your family can be randomly searched for terrorism, then consider how important it is that we elect someone who will attack this evil agency before it grows anymore. No other candidate is remotely interested in protecting your civil liberties.

Ron Paul proposes abolishing the TSA in his Plan to Restore America
    Paul, a Republican presidential candidate and a lawmaker from Texas, is a longtime critic of TSA who has suggested eliminating the airport security agency before. His new economic plan would get rid of TSA as well as five Cabinet-level agencies, which Paul says will save the U.S. government $1 trillion.

Instead of having a TSA, Paul's campaign said he was in favor of "returning responsibility for security to private property owners."

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    The article says that the EPA will see a 30% budget cut. So its not gonna disappear just yet. If the Federal EPA were ever finally phased out, the states could determine if there is a problem and how to solve it.
    This seems like misplaced optimism that states will (or can) crack down on corporations. If they get too tough the corporation moves to another state. This doesn't necessarily solve the pollution problem, but does penalize the state that would try to regulate (instead of just giving in to the corporation) and gives a benefit to states with lax/no standards.

Also what if the state upwind/upriver has far less stringent pollution standards. They get the benefit of the use of the resources, and your state's citizens get to bear the cost.

Not to say government doesn't do this by taxation and transfer payments with respect to income. I just don't see a state-centered environmental approach working well.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    This seems like misplaced optimism that states will (or can) crack down on corporations. If they get too tough the corporation moves to another state. This doesn't necessarily solve the pollution problem, but does penalize the state that would try to regulate (instead of just giving in to the corporation) and gives a benefit to states with lax/no standards.

Also what if the state upwind/upriver has far less stringent pollution standards. They get the benefit of the use of the resources, and your state's citizens get to bear the cost.

Not to say government doesn't do this by taxation and transfer payments with respect to income. I just don't see a state-centered environmental approach working well.

If you are downstream from a copper plant that is just letting the leaching pits run off into the river, you can probably sue them for a giant pile of money and win without even needing to hire a lawyer. Nobody goes to jail, but the plant is still shut down. Unless it's too big to fail...

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Doesn't the same thing apply when the Feds strangle businesses with their regulations? Notice how many companies have moved overseas in the last couple decades?

The 50 states should be competing for the best balance of economic and environmental policy. May the best state win.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    If you are downstream from a copper plant that is just letting the leaching pits run off into the river, you can probably sue them for a giant pile of money and win without even needing to hire a lawyer. Nobody goes to jail, but the plant is still shut down. Unless it's too big to fail...

This!

States still have rights and there disagreements between states will still be resolved at the federal level. The idea is to downsize government, not eliminate it all together and run around like wild animals. We can remain civil even with less restrictions.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I for one will never fall for that again, the whole your going to waste your vote :poop: every single one of us who has ever swallowed that :poop: in the past has done exactly that wasted our vote by not voting our conscience.
    I admittedly like Paul, but I will vote against Obama unless Romney or Perry wins the nomination. If the Republican nomination is either Romney or Perry against Obama I'll be writing in a vote for my German Shepherd.

I agree the German Shepard would probably do a better job than Obamanation

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Cain responds to Ron Paul's plan

Herman Cain on Center Seat | MRCTV
    Fox News "Center Seat" from 11/1/2011

Go to 13:27

He won't commit to any agency cuts. But the good news is that the agencies won't "necessarily" be left exactly the same.
    ======================================

HAYES: One of the things that Republican primary voters are looking for is boldness. Ron Paul has offered a plan that would eliminate five federal government agencies: The Department of Housing and Urban Development, Interior, Education, Commerce, and Agriculture. If there were a President Cain, would you keep any of those agencies that he's proposed eliminating, and if so, why?

CAIN: The difference would be how I would go about making that determination. To say that he would eliminate those, just on the surface, I wouldn't say that. I would use an approach and go into each one of them and determine which chunks we need to eliminate, and in some instances, there may not be anything left. So I don't want to categorically go in... I believe that is irresponsible. You go in, you look at the programs, you make the tough calls, to figure out how much of it should be left. So there may be some pieces left.

HAYES: So you would keep them as they are.

CAIN: Not necessarily. Not necessarily. I would approach it in a more systematic way, to determine how much of those agencies are cut, and whether or not they would still be around.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011

Yes, get rid of the TSA. I don't share Ron Paul's confidence that private parties would necessarily be able to do things better than the public sector, but the Theater for Sexual Assault has gotta go. It does not make us safer. It wastes tax payer money. It violates our rights and, in some cases, our bodies. Now it looks like it wants to bring the latest airport inconvenience to the interstate near you.

Thumbs up to Ron Paul for being the only candidate on either side honest enough to speak the truth about the TSA. More media coverage for this man, if only to make people realize what changes are possible.

Da Bing

Top Bottom