• ...and so much more!
  • Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Did any other out of work machinists brave the cold this morning at Rolls-Royce? They are looking to hire 100 expierenced machinists from the 1000s that showed up this morning.

I saw alot of fellow Local 98 guys there.... talked to some Ford guys too.

I probably should have went hunting this morning...:dunno:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Our news media doesn't want anyone to know that Indiana is doing pretty good while the rest of the country chokes. I work at another major manufacturer and we are almost having a record year!

Best of luck Lock n Load! Hope you get hired!!!

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Hope you get hired.:yesway:

I haven't gotten layed off yet (Millwright) but they are looking at cutbacks next year even tho I have 19+ years...

Last edited:

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    A buddy of mine who works for Rolls told me they were hiring a week ago and advised me to apply.

After looking at the employment ad, I decided Rolls probably doesn't need a Class A CDL w/HAZMAT truck driver type of guy making helicopter engines.

Applicants were lined up on Raymond Street 4 hours before Rolls started accepting resumes!

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Thanks all.... I was in line but didnt make it to the door, stood there for an hour and half, dropped a resume in a box and left..... home by 10:30 after stopping at Bradis on the way home.

The economy is a funny thing, I remember when the auto industry was suffering before, the small machine shops I worked in were going 80+ hrs a week!!

Yes, Indiana is doing well, but we still have had 6%+ unemployment all year.... better than the countries average but thats not saying much....

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    The company I work for is cutting back (Toyota supplier) and I'm uncertain on what to do. Our annual shutdown is going to start early this year which resulted in me taking a day off without pay and using some of my time I had built up to cover 2 more days. We're supposed to return to work on Jan. 5 but that could change as we will be told what we'll be working this Tuesday. This really sucks!:xmad: I'm contemplating on selling my truck just for pay off so it won't get repo'd (I owe under $9g with 23 payments left). I may be jumping the gun on this but I have to think about what could happen. There will be no firearm purchases for me in the future. I probably won't even waste my time with going to the 1500; may tag along with some friends though.:dunno:

Top Bottom