• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Nice video, but I'm not sure most non-carriers would have the mindset to think of something like that. Heck, even gun carriers who have never been under any violence induced stress mat not react the way the should.

Chelise

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Nice video, but I'm not sure most non-carriers would have the mindset to think of something like that. Heck, even gun carriers who have never been under any violence induced stress mat not react the way the should.

Which is why he's putting the offense = defense mindset out there ahead of time. So that people who see this video will have it. :)

Awesome video! People need to be made aware, think about, and practice what they will do if a worst case scenario ever whacks them upside the head.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I would agree that this is good advice, however, most folks that are not armed are sheeple, and would not think of doing anything other than cowering, or turning tail and running.

I think Mr. Pincus wasted his time in this segment, because those that walk around unarmed would not have his DVD's in any event.

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    I would agree that this is good advice, however, most folks that are not armed are sheeple, and would not think of doing anything other than cowering, or turning tail and running.

I think Mr. Pincus wasted his time in this segment, because those that walk around unarmed would not have his DVD's in any event.

One, maybe this tragic event will prompt some people to seek ways of taking an active role in their personal safety.

Two, EVERYONE at a school is unarmed. So, just b/c they are unarmed doesn't necessarily mean they don't have the will to act, but may lack the knowledge or skill set and this video may give them a means to pick up some tips.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    This is a great video, thanks for posting!

I can't find the thread, but earlier this year, after the theater shooting in Colorado, one topic that came up was the will to fight. It seems that instinct has been bred and/or conditioned out of most people in this country. Hell, likely the Western world!

While I sure as hell am not John Wayne, Iron Man, a ninja, or any other type of operator, I don't plan on sitting under a desk or throwing up my hands when the time comes. I can't intellectually expect someone to "save me" because I have a pretty good sense that when some psycho goes on a tear in a public place or my home, nobody is going to get there in time to help me.

Maybe it will get me killed some day, but I'd rather go down wielding a yardstick or hurling a set of car keys at one of these pasty, gaunt-assed freaks than hoping I won't bleed out before the EMT gets there.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    great for posting the thread. I was stationed in NJ at a recruiting station at the time of the Fort Hood Shooting. (I had been stationed there) And they came out with what they wanted us to do in event of an active shooter, and I said, I will attack, I will do something OTHER then cower and beg for death. I might get injured or killed, but i am going to make them work at killing me.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    :soapbox:

Dianne Feinstein et. al. approve of the law abiding bringing a soda can to a gunfight.
    That's why they sell the large bucket and drink combo at theaters, right? Oh..... Except in Bloomberg's New York.

I can't agree more with the mindset here, but it disgusts me that we are required to be neutered like this by gun free zones.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I can't agree more with the mindset here, but it disgusts me that we are required to be neutered like this by gun free zones.

Dad always said, "It's only illegal if you get caught."

Not sure I want to be the one to test that out, but what's the old saying about preferring to be judged by 12 than buried by 6?

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Most politicians believe the best response to an active shooter is to make yourself magicaly bulletproof by curling up in the corner until the police arrive is.

Because lets be honest, when the police arrive to find the killer holding that illegal gun he is going to be in BIG trouble.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Most politicians believe the best response to an active shooter is to make yourself magicaly bulletproof by curling up in the corner until the police arrive is.

Because lets be honest, when the police arrive to find the killer holding that illegal gun he is going to be in BIG trouble.

Yep, they will get a sternly worded letter that will ask them NOT to do it again. Just like in the movie, Team America, haha

Top Bottom