• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    They were supposed to play in Evansville last week, the show was canceled due to a band members health, that day billy gibbons was in Evansville it was all over the news, he was looking at a car, the media said the other concerts would still happen.
    Today after the news came out, they said that the long time guitar tech for the band has been playing the bass.
    They played the Elkhart Co Fair over the weekend without Dusty.

If you are a fan, this is a must watch...

ZZ TOP: THAT LITTLE OL' BAND FROM TEXAS

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On a related note, this video release was the day I wrapped my head around the fact that I'm getting old.

I watched the video, and as I was having unpure thoughts, I had the revelation that these models were easily young enough to be the daughters of the original music video actresses in Sharp Dressed Man, Legs, et al. Damn. Doing the math, that gets creepy.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Not to hijack this post but a true story from my past. One of my dad's best friends was ZZ Tops "barber".....they didn't call them stylists. His name was Jim "Smollie" Muffler and he always drove a Corvette called the "Snow Queen" and the hood was a Queen laying in what I always thought was a mountain of snow. I was too naïve at that time to understand why, although I fully understood later.

Well back in 1991, I think it was, another old friend of my dad's named Hiram Isaacs, called and told me he had something for me that Smollie (pronounced like Roll-ey) had left for me. Keep in mind at that time I had no idea Smollie was the barber for ZZ top. Well, me being me I didn't go by and get it until a few days later. I went to Hiram's and he handed me an envelope. I open the envelope to find 4 backstage VIP passes for ZZ Top concert at Market Square Arena!! Sadly, the concert was 3 days before.......I had never been so disappointed in my life!

Come to find out Smollie had flown in from Marquette, Michigan to give them haircuts and beard trims.....they gave him the VIP passes but he didn't have time to go......so he had left them for me.

Looking back on it.........it may have been a blessing, who knows. If my wife got back stage with ZZ Top back then, I may have had to find a new wife, lol.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    On a related note, this video release was the day I wrapped my head around the fact that I'm getting old.

I watched the video, and as I was having unpure thoughts, I had the revelation that these models were easily young enough to be the daughters of the original music video actresses in Sharp Dressed Man, Legs, et al. Damn. Doing the math, that gets creepy.

Nothing good ever comes from math.
    Stop it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Eh, trading 2 25 year olds for one 50 seems to balance both sides of the equation...
    raw

Top Bottom