• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    So as the drama in Minnesota shakes out in court plus all the other leftovers the media will be reheating in their microwaves maybe now is the time for an After Action Review of the 2020 season and lessons learned in preparation for the 2021 peaceful protest riot season. Here is a start:

Cameras are everywhere ~ however you react (calm/angry/foul language/self defense...) will be recorded and played in endless loops. Make sure your actions look good on video which is where you will we be tried in the court of public opinion regardless of the facts and law.

Cell Phones ~ a good source of up to date information so keep it charged. Family communications to check up on each other (text may transmit when cell towers are overwhelmed). Keep your face out of your screen and practice situational awareness.

Plywood ~ if you own a business in an area that may get sporty stock up on some plywood in advance. The local lumber places run out quickly just like toilet paper when the SHTF. Also having a few sheets of plywood, some 2x4s, long screws on site allows you to board up a broken window on short notice in the middle of the night.

WHAT ARE YOUR HINTS for the upcoming season???

Considered posting in Survival and Disaster Preparedness but this forum seemed just as good.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    There are applications that allow you to draw a lat/lon boundary box and search all tweets in that area. Could be pretty useful for tracking whether rioters are heading into your specific area, they do live tweeting and streaming all their crimes.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Avoid downtown Indy if I can help it. Should be easy.

Got an SBS and SBR legally this year for a truck gun should something overtake me quickly.

Getting a semi-bug out plan ready. Second stash of essentials in a camper and truck camping set up.

I live in Hendricks county so I'm not expecting anything too crazy.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Anyone got thoughts on drones for intel? Seems like overkill when so much is livestreamed, but in the event of internet shutdown or widespread power outage, the ability just to be able to peek over nearby buildings or check the next block over may be useful for situational awareness. However with all the FAA changes, use in populated areas during an emergency may be no bueno.

Between the looting and arson coverage I don't remember if power outages were a phenomenon last summer. Seems like a gimmie for causing chaos, all you need is a piece of conductive cable with some kind of weight on the end that can be thrown. Chuck it over some unshielded lines and short them out just like a falling tree branch. Maybe it just doesn't occur to them when the goal is grabbing TVs and taking selfies, but if a more hardened anarchist element comes out, loss of services and infrastructure may be something to prepare for.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I live close enough to 38th street to hear the gunshots. So if they get more frequent I know to go on guard.

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I don't expect much trouble in my hood either way the trial goes.

BLM just ain't caught on with my Amish neighbors.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Anyone got thoughts on drones for intel? Seems like overkill when so much is livestreamed, but in the event of internet shutdown or widespread power outage, the ability just to be able to peek over nearby buildings or check the next block over may be useful for situational awareness. However with all the FAA changes, use in populated areas during an emergency may be no bueno.

Between the looting and arson coverage I don't remember if power outages were a phenomenon last summer. Seems like a gimmie for causing chaos, all you need is a piece of conductive cable with some kind of weight on the end that can be thrown. Chuck it over some unshielded lines and short them out just like a falling tree branch. Maybe it just doesn't occur to them when the goal is grabbing TVs and taking selfies, but if a more hardened anarchist element comes out, loss of services and infrastructure may be something to prepare for.
    I keep one on the roof to fly out and look around

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So as the drama in Minnesota shakes out in court plus all the other leftovers the media will be reheating in their microwaves maybe now is the time for an After Action Review of the 2020 season and lessons learned in preparation for the 2021 peaceful protest riot season. Here is a start:

Cameras are everywhere ~ however you react (calm/angry/foul language/self defense...) will be recorded and played in endless loops. Make sure your actions look good on video which is where you will we be tried in the court of public opinion regardless of the facts and law.

Cell Phones ~ a good source of up to date information so keep it charged. Family communications to check up on each other (text may transmit when cell towers are overwhelmed). Keep your face out of your screen and practice situational awareness.

Plywood ~ if you own a business in an area that may get sporty stock up on some plywood in advance. The local lumber places run out quickly just like toilet paper when the SHTF. Also having a few sheets of plywood, some 2x4s, long screws on site allows you to board up a broken window on short notice in the middle of the night.

Considered posting in Survival and Disaster Preparedness but this forum seemed just as good.
    If you don't already have one, get a camera in your car. Have your own video to be judged on, don't depend on other sources

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There are applications that allow you to draw a lat/lon boundary box and search all tweets in that area. Could be pretty useful for tracking whether rioters are heading into your specific area, they do live tweeting and streaming all their crimes.
    Do you have to have an unlocked twitter account? I've been in twitter jail since referring to Dorsey as @jackass back in November

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

In that case, check if the nearby towers are down. If they are, it is open season with no limit

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010

Guy Fawkes masks?

Don't depend on your cell phones.

Don't be where things get sporty.

Not trying to be smart. Just thinking about not doing what's expected.

Top Bottom