• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Took my first friend to MCGG today for .22LR rifle competition (only 50 yds).
    He had a 30 odd year Remington & $40 Weaver scope I sold him, so it was fun. :)
    I used Aguila Super Extra SRN while he was using some crap ammo.

These groups were a little better than my first foray back to 50 yds.
    I'll have to remember to save the pics in a smaller field.
    JevXVvv.jpg

csqgqVe.jpg

mYGFbJU.jpg

3biXTGy.jpg

UJMGptJ.jpg

Some nice groups there! I have the same stick on targets in my Amazon cart that I will probably be ordering soon. I need to start shooting more rimfire rifle. Have some 10/22s and couple of CZ 452s. Also a Browning SA-22 that is a surprisingly good shooter. Maybe this weekend.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Some nice groups there! I have the same stick on targets in my Amazon cart that I will probably be ordering soon.
    I need to start shooting more rimfire rifle.
    Have some 10/22s and couple of CZ 452s.
    Also a Browning SA-22 that is a surprisingly good shooter. Maybe this weekend.

I think it was gmcttr that pointed me toward those red targets.
    He told me to get the 3" but the 4" were a better price. :)

I can't believe you have not 1, but 2 CZ 452 rifles.
    I've been wanting a CZ rifle for ages, but the used ones cost about as much as new, so I can always buy new.
    I"m hoping the right package with proper high rings (cantilever style, preferably) will appear some day.
    Since you know something about the CZ, which model to you recommend?

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I can't believe you have not 1, but 2 CZ 452 rifles.
    I've been wanting a CZ rifle for ages, but the used ones cost about as much as new, so I can always buy new.
    I"m hoping the right package with proper high rings (cantilever style, preferably) will appear some day.
    Since you know something about the CZ, which model to you recommend?

I bought my first new CZ back in 2002 for under $200 - it was called the 452 Special and later called the Trainer. An amazingly accurate rifle for the price. The second CZ bought new in 2008 was the 452 American with walnut stock - was $339 at the time. The target is 10 shots at 50 yards wit the 452 Special. A pic of the American. I have not got around to working on the triggers on either rifle. A guy at the range had worked on his and the trigger was amazing.

A shop in Muncie had a used 457 Varmint MTR like in the pic. I couldn't get anything going on a trade so I passed.

If I had no CZs today I would probably get an American or the Varmint.

Attachments

• a 1 452 10 shots.jpg
      a 1 452 10 shots.jpg
      30.3 KB · Views: 8
    • a 1 452 american.jpg
      a 1 452 american.jpg
      37.7 KB · Views: 6
    • a 1 457 varmint MTR.jpg
      a 1 457 varmint MTR.jpg
      8.8 KB · Views: 6

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I bought my first new CZ back in 2002 for under $200 - it was called the 452 Special and later called the Trainer.
    An amazingly accurate rifle for the price.
    The second CZ bought new in 2008 was the 452 American with walnut stock - was $339 at the time.
    The target is 10 shots at 50 yards wit the 452 Special. A pic of the American.
    I have not got around to working on the triggers on either rifle. A guy at the range had worked on his and the trigger was amazing.

A shop in Muncie had a used 457 Varmint MTR like in the pic. I couldn't get anything going on a trade so I passed.

If I had no CZs today I would probably get an American or the Varmint.

The pic is awesome to me: I've never done a "1" hole," even at 25 yds.
    Last night I looked at the CZ rifle site all night & I liked the 457 Trainer, since the stock curves down which would give me 1-2" higher for my scope to be, which my neck needs b/c it doesn't appreciate bending, twisting or a combination. :)
    It also has a wood stock and 25" barrel.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    The pic is awesome to me: I've never done a "1" hole," even at 25 yds.
    Last night I looked at the CZ rifle site all night & I liked the 457 Trainer, since the stock curves down which would give me 1-2" higher for my scope to be, which my neck needs b/c it doesn't appreciate bending, twisting or a combination. :)
    It also has a wood stock and 25" barrel.

The CZ has a way of making its owners look good! Ah yes the Trainer stock is one designed for using the open sights to best advantage so using a scope would help position it at a higher position compared to something like the American I have.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The CZ has a way of making its owners look good! Ah yes the Trainer stock is one designed for using the open sights to best advantage so using a scope would help position it at a higher position compared to something like the American I have.

good to hear since it looked like that would be the case.
    I ordered one last night but I haven’t confessed it to my “mentor“ yet.:laugh:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I got the standard 455 which has the hump back stock for iron sights.
    Looks cool, works fine, but wanted it scoped.
    So got a new take off American synth stock. Wears a 2-7X Leupold.
    Yo Dave trigger shim kit and this rifle is done.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    My Ruger Precision Rimfire trigger won't adjust below 3.5-4lbs and I'm considering replacing it.
    Has anyone replaced the RPR trigger with a Timney trigger? How do you like it? Any issues?
    Is there any other replacement option available other than the Timney?
    The Timney seems like a good option but I'm having a hard time with the price, $250 wow.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Sorting out our new American Rimfire. It does NOT like CCI SV. Federal bulk is ok though. Also tried some Agulia. Not bad but man that ammo stinks. I first thought it was the old rifle I picked up from my dad. It had been sitting for a long time and just figured it was whatever was in the barrel.

Nope. That ammo smells.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Surprise at a range time 7:45 am, setting up for the opening bell at 8 am at MCF&G.
    There were 5-6 deer in the middle of the field but by the time I got my cell out I only got these.

ukOqMwp.jpg
    vcjunmw.jpg
    JF7aFt4.jpg
    TaLYlx7.jpg

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Had a rabbit and two squirrels walk onto the range while I was sighting in an AR15 today. The deer frequently visit as well and we have to call a cease fire until they leave. Animals get used to what does't hurt or chase them.

Top Bottom