• Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Ruger is bringing out the Ruger American Long Range Target. MSRP $599

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-d...-22-ruger-american-rimfire-long-range-target/

WGP55QBSXBDDJCV4WMULLXTJWI.jpg

Doug B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Ruger LCP in 22LR. Fun, fun, fun. 300 rounds, no problems with any CCI ammo I tried or federal automatch. . Blazer didn't run very well at all. Much much much easier to shoot accurately as compared to the 380 version.

It it was a long time coming. I'm glad they finally made it. I highly recommend it. Like others have said, the only thing that I don't like is the magazine is a bit clunky to load.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I just got my hands on a S&W K 22/M 17. It looks like it was kept in a bait bucket but mechanically it is like new.

It should rival most of my Hi Standards after I get done cosmetically stabilizing it...

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    SK and Eley and/or others. It really depends on what any given gun likes.

I use a lot of SK Long Range Match for NRL22. On a good day it will group well under 1 MOA at 100 yards.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    SK and Eley and/or others. It really depends on what any given gun likes.

I use a lot of SK Long Range Match for NRL22. On a good day it will group well under 1 MOA at 100 yards.

SK & Eley are great choices. I’ve had pretty good luck with Lapua as well.

All three have a variety options.

Just keep in mind the premium Rimfire ammo isn’t cheap and isn’t guaranteed to perform as well in your firearms. It’s still a rimfire. Buy a box before you buy in bulk.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Ruger LCP in 22LR. Fun, fun, fun. 300 rounds, no problems with any CCI ammo I tried or federal automatch. . Blazer didn't run very well at all. Much much much easier to shoot accurately as compared to the 380 version.
    It it was a long time coming. I'm glad they finally made it. I highly recommend it. Like others have said, the only thing that I don't like is the magazine is a bit clunky to load.

Thanks for the report. :thumbsup:
    That was on my 2020 list-to-buy after reading about it.
    I love a small .22LR & have had many of the tip-up barrels that Beretta & Taurus have made.
    I even had The LCP .22 in my hand for $319 at Point Blank in Greenwood, but was irritated that it came with only 1 mag & as cheap/thrifty as I am, I demand 2 mags & appreciate 3 mags. I had a Bursa Thunder Pro XT 9mm competition gun that came with 5 mags (like it should claiming to be a competition gun).
    But, a member here who I have bought/sold/traded with fairly recently, who also enjoys a small .22LR, bought a new one and it would not cycle for him & he sold it immediately for a loss, which made me wince.

Since then, I thought I'd wait & see & hear some good reports from others on this forum before taking the plunge since I am working/playing with the Glock 44 right now anyway.
    Some initial reports have been negative about the G44, but they weren't using what I'd call "appropriate" ammo brands anyway, & mine has run nearly flawlessly in over 1000 rounds using any of 7 different brands I had laying around (had a little bit of trouble with 2-3 other brands).

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    You folks here are a [STRIKE]bad[/STRIKE] positive influence on me. I now own five rimfires. Two Mark IVs, two 10/22s and a Heritage Rough Rider. Here is the latest addition:

MK IV Standard 6 in.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You folks here are a [STRIKE]bad[/STRIKE] positive influence on me. I now own five rimfires. Two Mark IVs, two 10/22s and a Heritage Rough Rider. Here is the latest addition:

View attachment 84231

Just blame Areoflyer09: everyone else does! :)

Nice Mark 4: upgraded quite tastefully. :thumbsup:

If you get to a point you want an older revolver that is accurate, I have have found the old H & R revolvers spot on.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Handled a Bergara B14R the other week. Awesome feeling rifle plus I’m really liking the Remington 40x style action. Plus the thing is a tank, and Bergara is selling just the barreled action in case you want to run a different chassis on it. Fits Remington 700 stocks and triggers. I’ll be selling my CZ 455 precision trainer to get one it was that impressive

Last edited:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Just blame Areoflyer09: everyone else does! :)

Nice Mark 4: upgraded quite tastefully. :thumbsup:

If you get to a point you want an older revolver that is accurate, I have have found the old H & R revolvers spot on.

Very nice!

Volquartsen internals when your ready and I highly recommend the TK Victory flat trigger.

Thanks, tonight I installed TK extended mag releases in both Mark IVs. Maybe I'll get brave enough to do the triggers at some point. I put BX triggers in both 10/22s, the improvement over the stock trigger was pretty amazing and everyone I talk to at steel matches tells me to do the Volquartsen trigger on the Mark IVs.

I'm thinking about sending one of my stock 10/22 triggers to Brimstone for tier 2 work.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thanks, tonight I installed TK extended mag releases in both Mark IVs. Maybe I'll get brave enough to do the triggers at some point. I put BX triggers in both 10/22s, the improvement over the stock trigger was pretty amazing and everyone I talk to at steel matches tells me to do the Volquartsen trigger on the Mark IVs.

I'm thinking about sending one of my stock 10/22 triggers to Brimstone for tier 2 work.

Volquartsen is the real deal for Ruger Mk triggers. I mix and match my builds because I like the flat faced trigger more, the VQ trigger is nice as well though.

For 10/22s, I recommend the Kidd triggers. The DIY trigger job kit makes a great trigger for around $110 (with the extra springs). If you are willing to splurge their single stage and double stage triggers are the best of the best though.

Feel free to reach out with questions or for help if you decide to go down the trigger road.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    it's a sickness...

2 years ago I owned 1 22LR, a marlin model 99 that belonged to my dad.
    I started shooting steel challenge, and rimfire challenge. since then I picked up
    Mossberg 715T and sold it
    MK IV 22/45 tactical
    M&P 15-22 magpul
    stainless 10-22 won in a raffle
    GP100-22 sold that one too
    MK IV 22/45 tactical just picked it up this morning.

ok now i'm done, I swear :spend:

:cheers:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yep, I always said I had no need for a .22 of any type. Then I picked up a Smith Victory 22 and loved it. Then I got another and sold it and another and kept it. Decided I needed a rifle so I picked up a used Ruger 10/22. Then I got introduced to lollipop slaying and bought an Anschutz bolt action .22 from another INGO member. Wanted a backup to have when my son visits so I picked up a Ruger American Rimfire Target. Then a Mark IV 22/45 Tactical to use as a suppressor host. Then a Mark IV Competition from our very own Turbo.

Always looking for my next rimfire. Yes, I have the sickness... :):

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I think I’m down to 6 now. I think I peaked at 12.

Which brand?

Oh, you mean over all?

Get to work! Those poor .22's have no family for guidance and may grow into a rogue .44 without our care.

I have 14-16 Hi Standard pistols, 8-10 Hi Standard revolvers, half a dozen or so Winchester 74's, a dozen or so gill guns but only one Browning Tbolt left handed and one S&W K22 pre M17.

So, as you see, I have a lot more gun purchases in my near future...

Top Bottom