• ...and so much more!
  • t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    On the trigger of my 15-22, I pulled the trigger group out and polished the contact areas with a Dremel felt wheel and Flitz which helped a lot. I eventually put a Larue MBT in it which I like a LOT more.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    15-22s have some options with comparability with AR parts, but it’s a fraction of the availability of the 10/22 parts. All depends on what you want to do with it.

For my purposes, I think the 15-22 is better to start with. I'd be in over $300 to setup my owned 10/22 to plink with a can off the deck. 15-22 should do it out the box with less work.

Can always build the Ruger later if I want. But I need a scope rail, barrel, stock, and optic at a minimum. Same price as a new gun that does all those things out the box.

Just plinking steel and critter control at 30-50 yds.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    For my purposes, I think the 15-22 is better to start with. I'd be in over $300 to setup my owned 10/22 to plink with a can off the deck. 15-22 should do it out the box with less work.

Can always build the Ruger later if I want. But I need a scope rail, barrel, stock, and optic at a minimum. Same price as a new gun that does all those things out the box.

Just plinking steel and critter control at 30-50 yds.

It all comes down to wants, preferences and goals.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Well, I also bought a 15-22. Can't have too many .22s. Shot it once, went home and ordered extra mags, an angled grip for the foreend and a pad for the stock. Guess I'm keeping it awhile.

@danmdevries - make sure you check the barrel. Mine was filthy. Looked like black tar on the patches when I cleaned it.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Ordered a Ruger today. It will be my first MKIV...https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/104639

Now I have to place an order for Volquartsen parts.

Congrats!!

I’m curious on the how the weight and balance feels for that model. I liked the heavy weight of the Comp model I had, but it just never felt like it balanced quite right compared to my MkIIIs. I’ve wondered how the heavy bull barrel with the aluminum frame feels.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...I’ve wondered how the heavy bull barrel with the aluminum frame feels.

I'm wondering the same thing.

I have a MkIII with a 5.5" bull barrel and steel frame but have not held one like I ordered with the aluminum frame. Hoping I don't hate it with a 4.3oz Q El Camino on the end of it.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis

I have a MkIII with a 5.5" bull barrel and steel frame but have not held one like I ordered with the aluminum frame. Hoping I don't hate it with a 4.3oz Q El Camino on the end of it.

For all the hate the IIIs get, I still find that their stamped steel frames are the perfect mix of weight and balance.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Congrats!!

I’m curious on the how the weight and balance feels for that model. I liked the heavy weight of the Comp model I had, but it just never felt like it balanced quite right compared to my MkIIIs. I’ve wondered how the heavy bull barrel with the aluminum frame feels.

I picked up the new MKIV today and while the aluminum frame moves the point of balance forward ever so slightly, I really don't notice it holding both pistols at the same time. I do notice that it is lighter overall. Think I'm going to like this one.

Top Bottom