• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    So this match is now just 2 weeks out. I'm doing an informal pre-registration. Please post here or shoot me a pm if you plan to attend. I need to know how many adults and how many juniors will be in your group. I have a little bit of local interest, and hope to run the 4H kids if room allows. 20 shooters is about optimal, 25 is still good. anything over that will make the match drag. So if you plan to attend, please let me know.

Thanks!!!!

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Worked with a local shooter today and a 13 year old girl tonight.....The targets are not as formidable as they sound. I'm starting to get that warm fuzzy feeling of excitement......

Hogslayer--let's get together late Friday afternoon and bust some knockdowns, does your boy want a job as target setter the next two Sundays???

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    After the smallbore rifle match at Danville Saturday, I'm shimming the rings on my CZ 452. I really like the trigger, and will get it dialed in along with my model 82. I've had 4 different people shoot the 82, all had hits with it using the same sight settings. Now all I have to do is convince them to show up......

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Shooey mama! I've had about 10 days off while lounging at the beach and it hurt! I've gotta get my groove back! Sorry, Hawkeye. Not sure how I missed this thread activity until today. That's a lot of ties! Bet your back hurts.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    If it ain't raining, we ain't training!

Two coming from my side, Hawkeye
    My "training" days are long past. I'm about having fun and being comfortable while doing it. So if it's raining I'll take my Midol, and drink my coffee with sugar and cream, and a jelly dougnut, and binge watch something.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Rain or shine, barring an ill-timed thunderstorm or tornado.

In the past, I've cancelled silhouette matches in early morning only to have the sun come out at mid-day. So I would rather risk a rain delay than to cancel altogether. I understand that those coming a distance are reluctant to risk time & gasoline and I can't blame you, I would too. For the locals that I hope to draw, it's a 20 minute drive. I'll schedule another in May.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    BTW, the firing line roof is about 15 feet from front to back, including the eyebrow. A light rain will make you damp but not wet unless it's blowing a lot. We'll be shooting from an area that is about 30 feet wide, but there is ample room to stage gear under roof. Firing line is 120 feet long, and all under cover with concrete floor.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Today's anticipated "dry run" is cancelled due to torrential rain.:laugh:

Sorry, I couldn't resist that one.

On a more serious note, little Daphne came out last night and was popping targets at will. When she first tried it a couple weeks ago, she was positively giddy to hit something. Now she gets an edge hit and insists that she can still walk it into center punch.

I got 2 more rifles scoped and sighted in for this match to use as loaners. Yesterday was a good day late in afternoon and calm. After throwing scopes on, guns only took 20 shots to find make consistent hits. Looks like we'll have a dozen or so shooters. Weather tomorrow calls for rain with partly sunny here, so I'm optimistic that clouds will thin as day progresses.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    This was fantastic! Thank you, Hawkeye, for a wonderful time. There were a dozen shooters with payouts to three places to keep the scoring interesting and develop the younger shooters intrigue. The rain caused a couple delays but didn't really hamper shooting. The shooting was very competitive as well as friendly. There were a couple kids from the 4H shooting sports that also did very well. As for me, my nerves got the best of me in the first two strings of fire and I pulled third place behind to very good shooters that drove a good way to shoot today.

This was a wonderful time. Thanks again, Hawkeye

And a shout out to the Riley Conservation Club.

sht4brnz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    N.IndNpls
    A BIG shout out to Hawkeye for hosting this event!
    Very well prepared for and organized. Could have only requested for a little less rain.
    Thanks for all the efforts afforded to make this happen.
    I look forward to the next one

Top Bottom