• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcs36

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Good evening Riley CC fans. We have a public service announcement for you. Up until about 2 or 3 years ago, we hosted a match called Rimfire Madness. Some of you may remember it. It was a very fun little rimfire match that consisted of some wild made up stages involving a lot of steel knock down targets. Usually 5 stages. Well, a few of us, thank you Scott Whittenburg & Craig Kinney, have decided to try and bring this match back to life. So here are some details.
    As the name of this match implies, rimfire firearms only. Rifles and pistols. Plus, Irons or Optics. So four divisions. Rimfire Rifle Irons, Rimfire Rifle Optics, Rimfire Pistol Irons and Rimfire Pistol Optics.
    This will be a timed event with the same safety rules as Steel Challenge. As stated this match will have 5 stages. All are steel, some are knock down, some are plates. There will be from 5 to 7 targets per string, with 3 to 5 strings depending on the stage. The worst string will be dropped for score. Hopefully, this will mean no mag changes while on the clock, even for the pistols. We expect this match to be a 138 "minimum" round count. So bring enough ammo for misses. This will be a walk on match only. No Pre-Registration. Sign up the day of the match. But scoring will be tracked using Practiscore. Hopefully....
    The match date is this July 30th. 5th Saturday of the month.
    Set up will start at 8:30 am.
    Registration at 9:00 - 9:45 am.
    Shooters meeting at 9:45 am.
    Match starts at 10:00 am.
    Future matches are to be determined.
    Any questions or concerns, please contact me at rcs36@yahoo.com or 812-201-8738 call/text.
    Thank you and we hope to see you there!
    Richard Stokes/MD

Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    Hey everyone, this is a very fun, low key match. Pistol targets are shot at a distance of 7 to 8 yards, rifles are shot at 12 to 15 yards. Many of the targets fall when you shoot them, makes it easy to know if you hit them. I believe that the cost for this will be $5 per gun/division. You can shoot one division or two. You DO NOT have to be a Riley Member or a member of any organization.

Don't have a gun that you think will work, bring it with you, bring some ammo and come out anyway. If your gun won't work, I don't mind lending out my guns if you have ammunition. I have a Smith & Wesson 15-22 with a red dot scope and I have a Ruger 22/45 pistol with Iron Sights, if your gun won't work, like I said before, I don't mind if you want to use one of mine.

Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    There was more stage testing done today by our Match Director, Richard Stokes. This is shaping up to look like a Very fun match.

Just to help in planning, anyone who thinks they will attend, please post a note here that you think you will shoot the match. This is not required and you will not be beaten with a wet noodle if you say "yes, you are going to shoot the match, but then don't show up". But you will loose one "atta boy" .....

Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    If you love shooting 22s, tomorrow is your chance. No pressure, lots of fun. You don't have to be a member of our club to join in the fun. Sign up starts at 9, shooting starts at 10. ONLY $5 per gun!! Come out for some RIMFIRE MADNESS!!!!!!

Top Bottom