• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    We are three weeks from the last Appleseed weekend shoot of 2009 and some big names are coming to Riley in order to train on that weekend. It will be a little nippy, but I would prefer to shoot in this weather than July's blazing heat any day. Think of it as our Valley Forge!

Come, burn up ~450 rounds or so in two days, learn your inherited charge and have some fun. And bring your wife and kids too (women and minors shoot for free!).

:ar15:

Details are here:

2009 Riley, IN Appleseed Information

Range: Riley Conservation Club

Address: Riley, IN 47871

When: November 28-29

Range Fee: $10, under 21 and military free

Camping available: Camping available for 10-15 tents, indoor toilets, no showers. KOA campground 2 miles NW.

Hotels: Terre Haute, IN everything you could want.

Directions: GPS Coordinates: 39.3903, -87.3207
    Riley is 5 miles southeast of Terre Haute, IN, just off of I-70, go to club website for directions

State Laws to be aware of: IN is shooter friendly, no concealed carry without permit, no concealed carry on range.

Misc: It is 25 meter only, .22 through 8 mm welcome. Get your spot quickly, we only have room for 30 shooters.

For more information contact: Ed @ 812-360-2519
    E-mail address: IN@Appleseedinfo.org

Registration Link: November 28-29: Riley, IN Appleseed - November 28-29, 2009 - Eventbrite

For those who have need, loaner rifles and equipment is available. Just PM me to get it listed for you.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there,
    Techres

Last edited by a moderator:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Considering it.
    I would like to see the program prior to recommending it.

Hope to see you there! I will be the guy in the green hat. If you need any help before hand, let me know.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    man, I was so planning to attend this event! But due to circumstances beyond my control, it looks like Im going to have to work an outage on my mill line for work on Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

I might be able to go on Sunday only, but Im going to have to play it by ear. Do you guys do walk ons for Sunday, or do you have to go to Saturday first?

If nothing else, I can stop by and say hey at some point. Really going to miss not being there.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    man, I was so planning to attend this event! But due to circumstances beyond my control, it looks like Im going to have to work an outage on my mill line for work on Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

I might be able to go on Sunday only, but Im going to have to play it by ear. Do you guys do walk ons for Sunday, or do you have to go to Saturday first?

If nothing else, I can stop by and say hey at some point. Really going to miss not being there.

Anyone can come Sunday only, but it is hard if you have not been before. You? Should be no problem as you know the deal from your previous seed. Hope to see you there with an LTR in hand!

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    Considering it.
    I would like to see the program prior to recommending it.

I can understand that, I was the same way. I attended the Patriot's day event last April at Cloverdale. I was the one who freaked Techres out by only "Observing". I have a natural hesitance towards these things and I will let it go at that.

Bottom line, I watched, I later signed up to attend, two Appleseeds later I volunteered to become an instructor. I have now attended an Instructor Boot Camp and done five Appleseeds as an instructor in training. I will be doing my final performance check to earn my full instructor rating at Ft Wayne the weekend before Thanksgiving or at Riley the weekend after.

As to the training, I cannot recommend it enough. An Appleseed range is the safest range you will ever walk onto, and the instructors are there because they want to be there, because they believe in the program. They do not bring their egos, only a willingness to help you. They only ask that you leave your ego at home as well, and bring a willingness to learn.

You will be leave a better shooter, a safer shooter, and a more knowledgeable American as to how and why this "Grand Experiment" was begun. :patriot:

I hope to see you there.

DAve

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Down to two weeks. Get your place reserved on the line before we will fill it up with instructors! :rockwoot:

I could use a little :ar15:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Anyone interested in car pooling to this shoot from NW Indiana?

If you have people interested in going, make sure they hit the eventbrite site to get registered. We don't want anyone not gettiing in because they waited too late!

For those interested in the CMP's Garand/M1 Carbine/etc. sales, attending an Appleseed qualifies as your live-fire training requirement for that purchase as well.

John Adams said once, "Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
    This is the weekend after Thanksgiving.
    You have the freedom to come spend a weekend shooting. Exercising them is the best way to make use of one's freedoms.

Are you really telling me you have something better to be doing besides sitting around eating leftover turkey and making butt-shaped divots in your couch? Challenge yourself! Come see if you can shoot as well as your rifle can! Come out and have fun. Come out and make our Founders proud!

Come out and make yourself proud. Come out and make yourself a Rifleman!

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm not sure how many spots are left. The event is capped at 30 total.

As for lodging, I think we have a couple of the instructors that are camping, but I'm wussing out and staying at a local motel. There are lots of them in Terre Haute, which is very close.

Blessings,
    Bill

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    how many slots are open Bill? Where do you guys normally stay? I think its getting too cold for camping.

There are many slots open but anyone coming should sign up as soon as possible because it helps us with the logistics of the line (targets, trainers, etc.).

I am hoping that we have many more people sign up than have done so as this is turning into a very INGO heavy event and that is cool in it's own way. Gonna get to put some faces to names.

As for camping, I will likely stay on site as I am the range representative but I expect most people will choose to stay at nearby hotels.

Anyone who is following this and needs any special help in order to attend, be sure to contact me via PM. Most any impediment can be overcome in order to get you on the line and spending a weekend shooting and learning our unique heritage.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a little less than two weeks!

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    Is there still space available?

If there is I think I have time to buy a 10/22.

Dicks has Marlin 795s on sale at $119.00, with the Marlin $20.00 rebate that is a $98.00 rifle. Sling studs are already installed, trigger on two of them I tried was outstanding. I put tech sights on and bought a second mag at Gander Mtn. Less than $170.00 invested and it out shoots my Ruger.

Not dissing the 10/22, but the Marlin is certainly a less expensive option if you are pressed for time/money. It is most certainly not a second place rifle.

YHJ

ar15junkie

Sharpshooter
    Jul 26, 2008
    Behind enemy lines
    Will I have a chance to sight in my rifle during the class?

Anybody know who stocks good ammo? I have Dicks, Cabellas and Gander Mountain nearby but none of them list minimags on their website.

Top Bottom