• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I went to a really big and semi-famous auction (I was there for like 9 hours, and it was my first gun auction ever) up here when I was just getting back into guns, and they had a couple of them. I didn't know any better, so I thought they were just regular Webleys. When the bidding started, I quickly found out that they obviously were not regular Webleys!
    I went to that auction. My brother knew the individual who previously owned the firearms and I know/knew several of the buyers.
    I ended up with a Bright Blue CZ97 and Pre B CZ75. Luckily this was before the masses knew how great CZ firearms are and I got them pretty reasonably. I also got 2 Colt scopes.
    The buddy I went with got a few things, I don’t recall what exactly, and another friend bought several of the Johnsons and accessories.
    As far as revolvers go I love them! I have a “few” ranging from a NAA 22/22Mag up to an 8 3/8” S&W Mod 29. I truly miss the days of $200-250 S&W Mod 66 police guns and $400 Pythons. I have a couple old Rugers (30 Carbine and a 45/45LC) and a few Colts but mostly S&W. I’ll stick a Mod 60 or a Detective Special in a jacket pocket for a quick store run or when walking the dogs at night but mostly I carry a CZ as a daily. I love the revolver but as I’m getting older they just seem harder to shoot as accurately as I do my semiautomatics. My heart rate still increases a bit though when I see a beautifully blued K or N frame but then I get chest pain when I see the price! I keep looking though….

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Is it just me or does it appear that most gun shops in my area have three times as many semi auto as revolvers. ...

This shouldn't be surprising. The number of semi-auto pistols manufactured in the U.S. has been 5 to 6 TIMES (or 500% to 600% if you prefer) the number of revolvers since 2012 [1]. By 1989 TWICE as many semi-autos were made as revolvers, and it's continued to climb.

Obviously, this will be reflected in the market.

The last time more revolvers than semi-auto pistols were made in the U.S. was 1986 (36 yrs ago).

If the gun stores in your area directly reflected U.S. production numbers, they'd have 5-6 times as many semi-autos as revolvers.

[1] - References

Last edited:
    Top Bottom