• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Hey everyone,

I wanted to quickly share a review of a sling mount that our very own Littletommy made for me. I'm not sure if he intends to sell these or not, but I wanted to give him props for being so kind to send me one to use.

The Draco pistols are quite popular right now given their low price point (as low as $329) and the fact they're AK's, which are known for reliability. Many people are picking these nifty little 7.62x39 pistols up as affordable and fun blasters.

But the problem of how to carry it quickly presents itself. I've seen one solution to the sling mount problem where you must drill and tap a hole then install something like an Uncle Mikes sling swivel on the rear trunion of your pistol. I'm not a huge fan of drilling holes if I can avoid it. Plus, for whatever reason, it just doesn't look right to me. It looks like a civilian sling swivel mounted on a wicked little military style arm.

That's where Littletommy comes in. He's devised a very simple solution by using a thin sheet metal plate that attaches under your pistol grip and then extends out the back giving you a mounting point for a sling.

Here's how I received his sling mount device:

1149682973_3vMym-L.jpg

It's "in the white" meaning it wasn't finished. That's nothing a little black spray paint couldn't remedy. So this is what it looked like after I gave it a quick blast of black paint:

1149683071_JT3ta-L.jpg

All that's required is that you use a flat head screw driver to remove the pistol grip.

1149684066_SiQsU-L.jpg

Next you'll want to grow three hands. Place the sling mount plate over the pistol grip mounting block, and reattach the pistol grip using the factory bolt.

1149683874_w4wTo-L.jpg

Tighten everything down and when you're finished it will look something like this:

1149684063_X8tCK-L.jpg

The end result looks like it belongs on the gun. It's non-destructive so you can remove it at any time. The device appears to be very strong and shouldn't fail as far as I can tell.

I used a cheap $16 single point sling I picked up from OpticsPlanet. Now the Draco carries nicely over one shoulder and is easy to grab for blasting those lousy bad guys.

Eventually I will get my paperwork back on my Draco and will install a stock. At that point I will pass this wonderful little device along to someone else on INGO that is interested in it.

Thanks Littletommy for a nifty invention and thanks for sending me one.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom