• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I sent an email to Starbucks the other day after our "buycott" thanking them for not caving to the left wing anti-gunners & gave them some other compliments. Here's the response I just received.

Thank you for contacting Starbucks.

Thank you for your feedback regarding Starbucks' policy on open carry laws.

At Starbucks, we deeply respect the views of our customers and recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. We comply with local laws and statutes in the communities we serve. Our long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged and we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states. Where these laws don't exist, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited.

As the public debate around this issue continues, we encourage customers and advocacy groups from both sides to share their input with their public officials. We are extremely sensitive to the issue of gun violence in our society and believe that supporting local laws is the right way for us to ensure a safe environment for both partners and customers.

Thanks again for writing us. If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sincerely,[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]
    Nicholas, Customer Service
    [/FONT]

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I sent an email to Starbucks the other day after our "buycott" thanking them for not caving to the left wing anti-gunners & gave them some other compliments. Here's the response I just received.

Thank you for contacting Starbucks.

Thank you for your feedback regarding Starbucks' policy on open carry laws.

At Starbucks, we deeply respect the views of our customers and recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. We comply with local laws and statutes in the communities we serve. Our long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged and we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states. Where these laws don't exist, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited.

As the public debate around this issue continues, we encourage customers and advocacy groups from both sides to share their input with their public officials. We are extremely sensitive to the issue of gun violence in our society and believe that supporting local laws is the right way for us to ensure a safe environment for both partners and customers.

Thanks again for writing us. If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sincerely,[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]
    Nicholas, Customer Service
    [/FONT]

Can't stand any of their drinks, other than the bottles juices that you can get anywhere, but you've got to respect a corporation that respects their customers. Even more respect for them knowing how many states are open carry after all the stories we hear about interactions with LEO that don't know (they really should cover that at the academy, I've got a friend that took it upon himself to educate some of his co-workers).

weaverml34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    I think that's an appropriate response for the position they're in. Would I rather have him say that Starbuck's is an ardent supporter of the Second Amendment and open carry laws? Yes, but this is fair in my opinion.

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    Sorry, but the way I read the response is that Starbucks, like many other major corporations, would ban open carry in all their locations if they could without facing possible legal challenges.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I emailed corporate today mentioning the nationwide (it was nationwide BTW) "Buycott" and asked them how their revenues compared to years' past. If I hear back, I'll post it up. The response above is the same response--word for word--they gave to the media.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I emailed corporate today mentioning the nationwide (it was nationwide BTW) "Buycott" and asked them how their revenues compared to years' past. If I hear back, I'll post it up. The response above is the same response--word for word--they gave to the media.

I'm equally curious what their sales were, especially considered against last years same day sales but I seriously doubt that type of proprietary info will be released.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    If SB were maggots they would ban in all their stores ...

... and not just in their stores that are located in Prohibiting states. I've never been to SBs, but I'm going to drink there from now on, and not McDee's. And I'll buy gift certificates also. Some people thnk SBs is a Classy Café, and like their brews. I don't know yet.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Sorry, but the way I read the response is that Starbucks, like many other major corporations, would ban open carry in all their locations if they could without facing possible legal challenges.
    There would be no legal challenges. It would be perfectly legal for them to ban weapons completely on their property.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    There would be no legal challenges. It would be perfectly legal for them to ban weapons completely on their property.

You're right. They can ban guns. The law does not MAKE them allow guns. Not saying they're doing it for our benefit. Probably just not to stir up controversy. "Hey, we're just following the law".

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    IIRC they've taken a lot of flak for allowing carry, especially OC in their stores. The nanny stater antis were honked off when they wouldn't back down from that position. I don't know if it's a PR move or that they really believe it's a great idea.

I'm happy to know that even if they're indifferent to the 2A cause, they're scared of law abiding citizens with inanimate objects.

I will state that I did not go to Starbucks on 2/14 for the buycott. I don't care for their coffee so I don't drink it.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    LOVE THIS. :rockwoot:

I (We) shouldn't be ashamed or upset that they're not necessarily Pro2A and supportive...
    We should just be happy that they abide by and understand what's legal and what's not and respect our right to carry.

In this case, it works in our favor and they side with us. +1 to Starbucks.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That letter looks like the same boilerplate that was sent out to people who inquired prior to the buycott. Seems very generic to me.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The way it reads it sounds like a form letter. Copy and paste.

I did not OC nut bought a small coffee with a 2 dollar bill. I had a jacket on and a little leather was exposed. So i semi OC'ed.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Of course it's a form letter. It was written high up, most likely with legal review, and that is what the PR people are allowed to send out. Let's be thankful that they decided to adopt that policy. They are neutral and follow local law. They aren't in business to do anything but sell overpriced coffee and snacks and make as much money as they can. Hooray for them for walking the fine line on social issues and doing a bang up job of using our free enterprise system to rake in the jack.

Last edited:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Of course it's a form letter. It was written high up, most likely with legal review, and that is what the PR people are allowed to send out. Let's be thankful that they decided to adopt that policy. They are neutral and follow local law. They aren't in business to do anything but sell usually burnt, overpriced coffee and snacks and make as much money as they can. Hooray for them for walking the fine line on social issues and doing a bang up job of using our free enterprise system to rake in the jack.

FIFY

CJK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Indy
    I usually dont drink $6 cups of coffee, but I will stop in and buy one. You gotta support a company that supports us.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    haha, i went there and got the Hot Chocolate, but thats cause I still have not acquired the taste for coffee. I do love the smell though, and love supporting my 2nd Amendment rights.

Top Bottom