• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I'm taking a class on firearms forensics just for kicks. The professor is not just some stereotypical academic. He's a forensic entomologist by trade, and owner of more than a few toys whose safety switches go all the way to "fun", but he was giving some bogus info during our last class. I don't know if he's using outdated info or if this is a Kirk's Law situation or something else. I need to be prepared if I am going to correct him.

I need to know if at any time in the state of Indiana a person who purchased a firearm at a gun show was prohibited from taking immediate possession of the firearm and was forced to go to the FFL's storefront to pick up his purchase. I could see this being the case pre-NICS, but I know it to be false now. If this was a code change, does anyone have the citation and date?

Redemption

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    That was the way it was pre NCIS. 7 day wait and pickup at the store unless you had a LTCH. I know it was in effect in at least 1992 as I bought a pistol at the 1500 and had to go to Plainfield to pick it up a week later. After that I got my LTCH and never have waited since.

Top Bottom