• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

runandgun44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    I have a friend that is wanting to try shooting FNS this week. He has a XD 40. But only has 3 mags. If I remember right, you need a 5 mag minimum. Is there anyone out there who has a couple of extra mags and would be willing to loan them to him?

He is a member at MCFG and a good, safe shooter. But this will be his first time at a Steele Match. This will be a one time loan. If he comes again I told him he will need to get more mags. Thanks in advance.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    The five aren't exactly 'required' per se.... just highly recommended. I have never gone with more than four and shot last month with three....3 mags bit me on stage 3 last month.

You just cant reload mags once you are at the line. If you run out, you basically bag the remainder of your strings for that stage.

gh2

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    The five aren't exactly 'required' per se.... just highly recommended. I have never gone with more than four and shot last month with three....3 mags bit me on stage 3 last month.

You just cant reload mags once you are at the line. If you run out, you basically bag the remainder of your strings for that stage.

The FNS bunch are great guys. Make arrangements with a fellow competitor to load your first mag as you shoot string 2. I'd be amazed if no one volunteered to help out.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The FNS bunch are great guys. Make arrangements with a fellow competitor to load your first mag as you shoot string 2. I'd be amazed if no one volunteered to help out.

I hate to be a grumpy gus, but this won't work. Especially when we have a large turn-out this practice tends to eat into time and slows the game up. A year ago we allowed this and didn't have any problems, but any more it's not acceptable. If you need mags, post in the monthly FNS thread and I'm sure someone will come to the rescue and loan you some mags.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have a friend that is wanting to try shooting FNS this week. He has a XD 40. But only has 3 mags. If I remember right, you need a 5 mag minimum. Is there anyone out there who has a couple of extra mags and would be willing to loan them to him?

He is a member at MCFG and a good, safe shooter. But this will be his first time at a Steele Match. This will be a one time loan. If he comes again I told him he will need to get more mags. Thanks in advance.

What side of town are you located????

gh2

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    I hate to be a grumpy gus, but this won't work. Especially when we have a large turn-out this practice tends to eat into time and slows the game up. A year ago we allowed this and didn't have any problems, but any more it's not acceptable. If you need mags, post in the monthly FNS thread and I'm sure someone will come to the rescue and loan you some mags.

Oops!:rolleyes:

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'm just trying to be informative and act in the best interest of FNS and the shooters who attend. Why the ":rolleyes:" guy?:dunno:

It's one of the obligations of leadership - coming to grips with the fact that not everyone is going to agree with how you see things and apply the rules.

Besides, it would be a very boring place around here if everyone agreed all the time. :ingo:

gh2

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    I'm just trying to be informative and act in the best interest of FNS and the shooters who attend. Why the ":rolleyes:" guy?:dunno:

Because I miss spoke. As the kids say, "my bad". The eye roll was directed at,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ME!
    I thought the compliment in my original post set my tone but I guess the eye roll could be mistaken for something it wasn't meant to be.

Last edited:

rlynch25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    South East Indy
    The first time I shot FNS I shot Limited class so I could load more into my magazine. It worked fine for my 3 mags that time. If I had run out I would have just taken the max time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom