Merrillville
    30265379_1917857528277516_9115334153158524928_n.png.jpg

GrinderCB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Greendale
    If you’re willing to shoot someone, what do you care about magazine capacity? Funny how lawmakers don’t think that way.
    "CA-legal firearm" doesn't refer just to magazine capacity. Before a new model can be sold in CA it has to meet safety requirements in order to get on the state AG's approved list. A large fee is involved, among other things. Lots of guns sold around the country never reach the market in CA because the manufacturer can't or won't make modifications to make it CA-legal. Others never get approved just because of politics.

Two examples. First, the Ruger LCP (the original one) was blocked from the AG's list over politics, being that "only criminals need a gun that tiny," so it was only available as a Law Enforcement Only (LEO) gun and cops could get them as backups. Second, I was only able to buy my CZ75 because CZ-USA offered it in CA with under-10 round mags, but in other states the same gun was sold with 15-rounders. By comparison, a new Springfield model about 10 yrs ago (original XD-S I think) was only ever available with 15 round mags, so it couldn't be sold or transferred to civilians.

There were a few cops making extra money buying LEO guns, putting a few hundred rounds thru them, then offering them for sale via PPT at inflated prices. That was the only way a civilian could get an LCP. Once in a while you'd hear about a cop getting caught but it was somewhat rare. Funny thing about the XD-S was that the gun was transferable but not it's 15rd mag. That's California for ya.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    "CA-legal firearm" doesn't refer just to magazine capacity. Before a new model can be sold in CA it has to meet safety requirements in order to get on the state AG's approved list. A large fee is involved, among other things. Lots of guns sold around the country never reach the market in CA because the manufacturer can't or won't make modifications to make it CA-legal. Others never get approved just because of politics.

Two examples. First, the Ruger LCP (the original one) was blocked from the AG's list over politics, being that "only criminals need a gun that tiny," so it was only available as a Law Enforcement Only (LEO) gun and cops could get them as backups. Second, I was only able to buy my CZ75 because CZ-USA offered it in CA with under-10 round mags, but in other states the same gun was sold with 15-rounders. By comparison, a new Springfield model about 10 yrs ago (original XD-S I think) was only ever available with 15 round mags, so it couldn't be sold or transferred to civilians.

There were a few cops making extra money buying LEO guns, putting a few hundred rounds thru them, then offering them for sale via PPT at inflated prices. That was the only way a civilian could get an LCP. Once in a while you'd hear about a cop getting caught but it was somewhat rare. Funny thing about the XD-S was that the gun was transferable but not it's 15rd mag. That's California for ya.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

....and no threaded barrels because only "Hitmen" use threaded barrels on their handguns. :rolleyes:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    duh! thread barrel = silencer and then you wont hear anything just like the movies. do u want even more mass shooting where the police wont even hear the shots! oh the horror.

Top Bottom